Clutch problem please help

Devilman910

Dec 20, 2010
29 palms ca
Ok so i finally got to the point in my build where i was able to mount the engine once i mounted it installed the chain put the tranny in neutral without the clutch and it spun free while i was putting the chain on and once i put the chain on i tightened the chain tensioners then put the skid plate on at that point i tried to spin the axle to make sure there is enough clearance between the sprocket and skid plate the axle turned and the chain moved about 6 inches then i heard the gears catch tried to put it in neutral again and it wouldnt go then squeezed the clutch and it didnt disengage at all when i would shift it goes in gear but it seems to go into first and up four and back down but to get it to shift you have to spin the axle the 6 inches that it will move before it catches it will go down to second and between each gear you have to spin the axle i tried adjusting the cable then i tried adjusting the clutch lever and still wouldnt disengage and when you do squeeze the clutch you can see it move out some but i guess not enough any suggestion?

the lever adjustment is only for cable stretch, not adjusting the clutch, and it's also possible the clutch plates are just sticking from lack of oil, i had to warm mine up before it got oil on it good and worked correct
did you do new clutch plates ???, were the cases split??? is the ball bearing in between the 2 rods ????
answer them ?'s and then we'll move on to how to adjust the clutch rod

I havent taken anything apart so im not sure if the ball bearing is in the middle but i read that first link all about the clutch i havent started my engine yet im still waiting for the reed valve could my problem be that there is no oil in it and since its supposed the be a wet clutch the lack of oil is keeping it from functioning right

/\/\/\ yes, wait till you do your heat cycles,when you first get it running, if it still gives you troubles after that, and when its warmed up, then i'd take it up with that shop, they should adjust it for you

/\/\/\ yes, wait till you do your heat cycles,when you first get it running, if it still gives you troubles after that, and when its warmed up, then i'd take it up with that shop, they should adjust it for you

Ok ill do that thanks alot everyone