Clutch Not Engaging!!! After Rebuild

Blaster30

Apr 13, 2012
AAA
ok guys i did a complete rebuild all the way from the crankbearings and seals with splitting the case i put it together the right way an never took out the gears sealed everything and put cases back together and the stuff on the crankcase side and it just wont engage i tryed playing with it still not signs... I NEED AS MANY THOUGHTS AS POSSIBLE... AN I'M TALKING ABOUT THE CLUTCH THAT CONTROLS THE ACULATOR

did you align the dots on the pressure plate and inner basket ?

is the ball bearing in between the 2 internal clutch actuator rods ?

did you align the dots on the pressure plate and inner basket ?

is the ball bearing in between the 2 internal clutch actuator rods ?

Yes i align all the dots because i were watching jlsparky video to make sure i'm doing it right

Stock or aftermarket clutch plates? Proper adjustment under cover and at cable? Clutch basket not "grooved"? All the plates in? What kind of oil did you use?

You are saying it will not move under own power?

Stock or aftermarket clutch plates? Proper adjustment under cover and at cable? Clutch basket not "grooved"? All the plates in? What kind of oil did you use?

You are saying it will not move under own power?

Stock. Didn't Adjust Anything. Didn't groove clutch basket. Yes Have all Plates in. Used 10w 50 guy at dealer said all the crankcase oil doesn't matter just goes by winter. And I'm running a 24:1 premix for first tank and then im gonna run 32:1

is the clutch not engaging when the motor is running or dose it not move at all.

is your clutch stacked in the right way???

Stock. Didn't Adjust Anything. Didn't groove clutch basket. Yes Have all Plates in. Used 10w 50 guy at dealer said all the crankcase oil doesn't matter just goes by winter. And I'm running a 24:1 premix for first tank and then im gonna run 32:1

Tell that dealer guy to read up on the manual before he gives any more advice like that!

You should be on 10w 30, a 50 grade oil is too heavy.

Be warned that changing oil ratios also changes fuel to air ratios.

If you are running 32:1 and you change to 24:1, you need one size larger main jet.

More oil = less fuel,

Less fuel in the mix = hotter burning and piston damage can occur.

Running extra oil with a new re build defeats the purpose of bedding the rings in.

As to your break in proceedure, have you done any heat cycles?

@L.T. The Clutch doesn't engage when the motor is running...
@Blaaster yes i did heat cycles the thing is it just wont engage because when i 1st bought it i had rebuilt the top end and when i road it worked after playing with it but now i have did a complete rebuild it wont even work through out play and i dont know why

I can tell u now that if every thing is there and your clutch moves when you pull it, it can only be 2 things your clutch is blown or you staked the clutch wrong just my 2c

come to say it was working fine before rebuild when warmed up and now after i did the rebuild i guareenteed its the push rod need to be adjusted because this boy runs very strong and shifts all the way up into 6th