Clutch keeps getting stuck disengaged

boughtmeablastr

Jun 22, 2014
So I have an annoying issue. I have a raptor 350 that has some serious clutch issues apparently. I rode It today and it seemed to be doing excellent until all of the sudden the clutch felt like it wouldn't release. The clutch will work intermittently and then randomly while riding (even without pulling the clutch) it will just cut out and feel like someone pulled the clutch all the way in. While it sits and idles (while screwed up) I can shift through all the gears without touching the clutch lever. Also I tried adjusting the clutch but it doesn't matter how much slack I give the lever (I even took the cable completely off of the spring coming out of the clutch cover) doesn't disengage it. The only way i can get it to disengage is by pushing the bike backwards (in gear, any of the gears without clutch being pulled) until something frees up and the gears kick in and the wheels lock up, it'll then start right back up and drive like the clutch has no problems until it eventually get stuck again and I can let it sit all day in whatever gear without holding the clutch. Anyone know what this problem likely is from? I plan to take the clutch cover off tomorrow, what should I look for? Thanks for your help, sorry about the lengthy description :/