Clutch Issues

BlasterCrazy

Dec 31, 2008
Michigan
Ok so my clutch was engaging way to soon u would pull the lever and it would engage with littles amount of presure on the lever so i read the book on how to adjust my clutch and followed it know my clutch isnt engaging at all when u drop into first the sec u start it it jumps know my question is when u take the clutch cover and u losen the locknut do u turn that philps head screw in or out.

back it off a few turns first, then turn it in, till it just touches the inner rod/ball, then back off a half turn, and lock it down
but disconnect the cable first, and the actuator arm above the shifter has a pointer on it, and behind it is a raised notch on the case, these 2 have to be lined up before, during and after the rod adjustment is done, then reconnect the cable and adjust slack at the handle
i suggest some brake cleaner the locktite on that rod nut when you tighten it

Ok so my clutch was engaging way to soon u would pull the lever and it would engage with littles amount of presure on the lever so i read the book on how to adjust my clutch and followed it know my clutch isnt engaging at all when u drop into first the sec u start it it jumps know my question is when u take the clutch cover and u losen the locknut do u turn that philps head screw in or out.

Yea, I have this same issue. Clutch grabs in 1st when it's cold, but once it's warmed up, this doesn't seem like much of an issue. The clutch cable is adjusted all the way in.

if your cable is adjusted "all the way out" not "in" time for a new cable
and if your putting your bike into gear and the clutch is still grabbing, it isnt warmed up properly/enough

^^^ agreed new cable will do wonders for you. or get a magura hydraulic job, which is BA by the way.

also make sure the clutch is adjusted properly as they tend to wear over time and slip. awk walked me through this process a few weeks ago and the ish is pimpin now. i have pics if you want to no how i pulled it off by myself.