Clutch issue/not shifting

blooper

Nov 30, 2014
Twentynine Palms, CA
I have a 02 blaster and have had it apart for a few months. Quad road great after a rebuild. Switched clutch disks with new tusk clutch and a new inner clutch basket. Problem now after putting it together completley quite a few times is, clutch is in neutral, pull lever and shift down clitch engages to 1st gear. Pull clutch lever and click up and nothing no matter how many times you click up.

Yes, when i clutch in i can see the clutch plate move out and i down shift and it clicked into 1st gear. I can tell because i can rock the quad and know its in gear. I try to clutch in and click up on the clutch and nothing, no click or feel as if it is changing through any gear.

FYI, usually one or both shafts have to be spinning, even if only by hand, in order for it to shift .
If all you did was clutch, everything should be fine, unless you bumped something?

Unfortunately you're mixing terminology of clutch action and transmission.

Is this while actually trying to ride it?

Presume everything worked fine before?
Pull clutch cover and inspect external shift mechanism. Make sure shifter is tight on shift shaft.

^^^ Exactly, you have to rock the 4 wheeler to get it to go into the next gear, wont just do it sitting still. try that and see if you can get it to go through all the gears

Sorry for some of my terms, i dont do this everyday, kind of a hobby and like to tinker. So i have been looking at it with the clutch cover off and the notice the transmission foot lever to switch gears has play and it moves side to side some. So i push it all the way in so the foot pedal is furthest out and it engages and i can switch through gears. If the foot pedal is pushed all the way in then it slides out some on the clutch basket sode and it wont engage any gears. How do i tighten this up so there os no slop and i wont have a problem shifting?

1463249865397-1090964700.jpg

This thing is aggrevating. So, the bike is in neutral nothing spins but bike rolls fine. Downshift to 1st gear, it clicks lime it goes into gear and clutch plate moves out when you pull the clutch lever. Bike still rolls but inner clutch basket is spinning while bike rolls, it never did this before, once in gear bike doesnt move. Somethi g is not catching and its not going into any gears.

Look on the inside of clutch cover in area opposite shifter shaft. There is a bump of metal that holds shaft in place. There will be a crescent moon shaped wear mark.

At this point the best I can suggest is look in a manual. Something isn't assembled quite right.