Clutch cable snapped

Delerious

Apr 24, 2008
I had to replace my clutch cable, the first time, with the cable off of a spare blaster. I thought that it might have been too tight so I made sure the second cable wasmore loose that the previous one but still snug. Yesterday the second cable snapped as well. Is there any reason, other than both cables were old, that a clutch cable would snap? 1st cable was off my 01 and 2nd off spare 96 blaster. Both were originals. Thanks in advance for any info.

where are they snaping? buy the clutch lever, the middle of the cable, or by the clutch buy the engine side? it could be rubbing against something. it could just because they are old cables.

is it the cable by the clutch handle? cuz mine snapped a couple months back right at the part that holds it onto the handle, and i bought a new one and its been good since... so im guessing that old cables just get warped, beacause now my front break is doing the same thing in the same spot.

Yeah it happened at the clutch handle on both cables. Also, How often should I lube the cables?

Last edited: