Clutch basket problem

Blaster72

Jun 30, 2011
Nebraska
I just spent an hour filing the notches down on the clutch basket. Went to install it and found small amount of play between the basket and drive gear. This is rotational play. I found the full assembly from RM ATV for 150. That is clutch basket and gear. Will this new gear mesh with the current running gear without causing wear? Next I found a PE clutch basket for 129. I'm worried that the rubber isolators may be worn or other problems in the OE clutch basket. What have some of you done to fix this problem? Am I over thinking the whole process? Any help would be appreciated.:-/

What have some of you done to fix this problem? Am I over thinking the whole process? Any help would be appreciated.:-/

What have some of you done to fix this problem? Am I over thinking the whole process? Any help would be appreciated.:-/

the stock basket is riveted to the gear.
and yes, develops play that could lead to catastrophe, although rare
i went with the PE/Magnum basket, it bolts to the gear and should all but eliminate this risk.

http://www.blasterforum.com/do-yourself-20/m-clutch-basket-install-40531/

Thanks Awk. I'm going to get the PE basket. Did yours come with new mounting screws?

comes with the billet basket, threaded backing plate to replace the stock riveted one and the allen headed bolts needed to assemble it.
re-use the existing factory rubber cushions, add some red loc-tite for the bolts and follow the assembly in the link above