Clicking sound?

Its kinda hard to make out the sound exactly from the video but it kinda sounds like piston slap to me, although I heard it through the worst speaker on the biggest pos phone on the planet. What's your compression at?

I'm not sure, i'll have to dig out my compression tester. The guy I bought it from claims that it was recently rebuilt (but we know how that goes). I'll try and find it to check and see. Compression seems god. It has a ton of pep. The sound quality of the video isnt that good, because I recorded it with my phone.

That definitely sounds off. Sounds like mine before I rebuilt it. The piston I had was loose enough it caused a crack in the skirt. I got lucky and only after I pulled it apart did the piece break off completely. Check compression and let us know the results.

If i'm pulling the cylinder, i'm just gonna rebuild it. It's only $125. Not a big deal. I've only got $530 invested. I'm still going to come out way ahead of buying one in running condition that I'd have to rebuild a year or 2 later anyway lol

my clicking sound...only thing was i only had between 97-110 lbs. maybe someone else can thrown in some ideas...:-/

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 182
it certainly does sound off. sounds like slapping if u listen really close on the video. i would pull the head off and check for clearance.

Hey everyone i know this forum is super old but i have a similar problem. My 2000 blaster was rebuilt and it has a clinking sound that comes and goes and lasts for a second or 2 but its been getting worse so i stooped riding it. and it happens when im riding or idling so its something in the case. plz help, or ill have to crack the case to find the problem. thx