Choke Won't Stay Out

coloradoblaster

Oct 12, 2010
Hi.

I have a 2002 blaster. the carb is pretty worn but I was wondering, if the choke wont stay out, meaning, i pull it out, and it just goes right back in, isthere a way to remedy that? or do I just have to buy a new carb. i cant find a way to take apart the actual choke piece itself, but i can unscrew it from the carb. is there someway to clean/replace that so my choke works again w/out having to hold it out?

thanks!
-derek

I've redneck rigged many of things in my days.lol. Even used my shoe strings to get a car with a broken belt home.Lol. Yes,it worked!

i have the same problem but most of the time now its started to stay dont know why tho :p i find that if you hold it out and start it get the beast moving then but it in the momentum of the quad keeps the engine running and after 30secs or so shes fine :)

Almost same problem as mine. If you are really careful and don't just pull it out and let go, and slowly let it pull itself back it will catch. Usually just long enought for it to start, but then it returns to open so you have to keep giving it gas till it warms up enough to idle, or sit there and hold it out.