check these reeds

sr5bidder

Dec 11, 2009
Marietta, Ga
The reeds on the left came out of my engine looks like home brewed setup to me

the reeds on the right came with a parts blaster I picked up w/o engine they look like boysen dual stage to me

anyone ever seen anything like whats pictured on the left??

blasterreeds.jpg

The reeds on the left came out of my engine looks like home brewed setup to me

the reeds on the right came with a parts blaster I picked up w/o engine they look like boysen dual stage to me

anyone ever seen anything like whats pictured on the left??

blasterreeds.jpg

yeah the one on the right are boysean power reeds... but i have no idea about the one on the right cuz i think that was home made to me.

Ya definate dual stagers on right. I just put some in. As far as the left if their homemade it looks pretty precision on the petals. Are they transparant? Have ya tried them out?

yes it appears like the stock reeds minus the metal reed stops + some thin metal stiffeners they seemed to have good pull but like i said when I got the rpm's up sounded scary and I did not want to have a yard sale inside my engine

I'll have to set up both so that there ready to compare with a fresh top end and bottom end

we will see but my cylinder also has kustom kraft scribed into the top and has some sort of porting done

that metal screw plate looks awfully liek a boysen screw plate.. compare the 2.. as for that stiffener petal they put on top of the stockers.. thats new to me.. but i''m pretty sure thats not a home made fix bro...

like a boysen indeed I just remembered to pull the thing out of the cleaner and the funky plates are made of what looks to me like another reed

Hey I surprized I didn't find a chopped up credit card in there:eek:

it def look like it's made out of a similar material.. i just don't see that being a back woods fix..

ya not a backwoods fix for sure the 1st plate dont look like it was cut out of the stockers.. wat did FMF's old reeds look like?? maybe those are it not sure.. but on the right are boyseens reeds

fmf...interesting..... the after market support for 4wheelers is quite different than for bikes ..like fmf pipes for the kdx200 is a very good setup but for blasters they apparently suck??? I might still try to find a used one for cheap cause I'm not dumping money into the blaster but will do a correct rebuild