Cheap & easy upgrades and maintenance

Also cleaning the inside of the gas tank is probly a good idea if your quad is older.. What i did was ...I took a 3\4 clear tube and connected this to my shop vac with some electrical tape..and stuck it in my empty tank and sucked up the loose crap by the petcock..( there was alot of sh*t in there, I was suprised ) Thats where most of the sh*t will be..

DO NOT TRY THIS!!! Cleaning your gas tank is a good idea but using a shop vac to do it is def. not. Electric motors such as on a shop vac are not sealed and causes sparks. Just turn off the lights and look inside the vent slots on a cordless drill. While you are sucking up gasoline vapors which are still in the tank even when it's devoid of fuel, sparks are not your friend. A guy near me did this same thing to his boat and blew himself up. He lived but spent months in the hospital. You would be much better off just flushing it out with water and letting it completly dry before you reinstall it.

Last edited:
i have an 05 and i almost ripped off my stems by flipping my rims too. i think i'm gonna buy the flush stems since it's a lot cheaper than new offset rims or spacers.

just get a white bottle of carb & choke cleaner from oreillys its like 2.39$ and spray it on paint then let it dry then paint thats what i did on my truck motor!!!
trail ripper 1500 or any body else i want 2 polish my moror while is on my quad i was wondering what 2 use so i dont have to polish it with steel like i tried it took 4 ever