changing tranny oil ?

I know the service manual has the API (American Petroleum Institute) specs listed. Type SE or below non energy conserving.

Look on the back of the bottle for any approval stampings. See if one of them listed is API type SE (the second letter lower alphabetically) or below OR listed JASO MA. If it's either one of those, you can use it.

If it is "energy conserving" or "energy certified" ANYWHERE on the bottle, steer clear. They contain phosphorous and sulfur compounds that can cause the friction plates in the clutch to swell (sticky clutch) or glaze (slippy clutch).

See highlighted in yellow above, on your link, post. (diesel engine oil)

yeah but its for both engines ? ill check that later ' sicivicdude '

Believe it or not, I use diesel oil (Shell Rotella T 15w-40) in my semi auto utility quads. They have a clutch very similar to the blaster and it works well. Use only the rotella T marked JASO MA (the newer bottles)

Believe it or not, I use diesel oil (Shell Rotella T 15w-40) in my semi auto utility quads. They have a clutch very similar to the blaster and it works well. Use only the rotella T marked JASO MA (the newer bottles)

it says this for the gtx 10w 40

' SAE 10W-40:
is a premium, super multigrade that provides maximum protection in all seasons and can help extend engine life. SAE 10W-40 exceeds API service SM, SL, SJ and SH as well as exceeding the engine protection requirements for API Certified Gasoline Engine Oils '

does this mean i can use it i just got this off the internet, but ill look at the bottle tomarrow..

No, SF and above (G, H, I, J etc etc) is all energy conserving and contains compounds not compatible with wet clutches. Best to steer clear of it's SF or above.

Plain old 10W 30 Motor oil SE or below rating with no friction modifiers. Yama lube 4 is what Yamaha specifies.

Automatic Transmission fluid Type F.

Or an off the shelf gear oil designed for motorcycles with wet clutches.

You will get good results from any of the above.

Plain old 10W 30 Motor oil SE or below rating with no friction modifiers. Yama lube 4 is what Yamaha specifies.

Automatic Transmission fluid Type F.

Or an off the shelf gear oil designed for motorcycles with wet clutches.

You will get good results from any of the above.

X2!

Myblasterisblue, Belray gear saver is good stuff. However, it is not unique and a lot of other brands/styles of gera lube will work equally as well without running you $12-$15 a quart.

Personally, I vary from the service manual's recommendation and run Automatic Transmission Fluid in my blaster. I like the fact that it's dyed bright red so I can see the level in the sight glass easier, relatively inexpensive ($4 a quart or so), and widely available.

I run Belray Gearsaver in both my Banshee and Blaster. Like they said - it's not the cheapest stuff but it works great and you can be sure it doesn't have the additives that mess up a wet clutch...

X2!

Myblasterisblue, Belray gear saver is good stuff. However, it is not unique and a lot of other brands/styles of gera lube will work equally as well without running you $12-$15 a quart.

Personally, I vary from the service manual's recommendation and run Automatic Transmission Fluid in my blaster. I like the fact that it's dyed bright red so I can see the level in the sight glass easier, relatively inexpensive ($4 a quart or so), and widely available.

ok so my mum brought me back some oil but i dont know if its any good its need help its castrol power 1 4t 10w - 40 fully synthetic it says on the back ..... SAE 10w-40; JASO MA-2 (JASO T903: 2006); API SL is this any good ?