chance to upgrade

yamaha blaster

Jun 15, 2008
Michigan
A kid at my school is tight on cash and he's selling in 03 yz 125 for 1200 I'm really considering buying it because I would like to get a newer bike. I would list my 94 yz 125 for 800. My question is what would you guys and gals do?

that seems a little high for a 125. at least around here. that would sit for a while at the price unless it has some sh*t with it.

I'm thinking I'm probably going to buy it if i can get it for at most 1100 and hope fully get 800 out of mine. His has a just up graded exhaust and so does mine but mine has a brand new fork seals and a year on the motor top and bottom.

He wants a car so he only wants cash. I just don't know what to do cause I want a new gun but I want a new dirt bike well newer. I'm thinking the bike will come first deer seasons a long ways away. I'm mainly looking for like a upper 90's low 2000's yz 125.

no offense man, but in my eyes it's like saying, "i'm getting tired of my old blaster and i really want a newer one. hey, i'll buy my friend's newer blaster!" and just because it is newer doesn't make it better, that's why i used a blaster as an example, because they never really changed from the year they were released. but if you really want his 2003, then go ahead and do what you said, buy his and sell yours to make most of the cash back.

That is true and I mean my bike for its year is in great shape I'm starting to think I'll buy my 20 guage and then start dropping some cash into her. Or save all summer and hopefully get a job and sell the trail boss for a sportsman I want 4wd so bad. I also just membered it going to be one expensive month.

no offense man, but in my eyes it's like saying, "i'm getting tired of my old blaster and i really want a newer one. hey, i'll buy my friend's newer blaster!" and just because it is newer doesn't make it better, that's why i used a blaster as an example, because they never really changed from the year they were released. but if you really want his 2003, then go ahead and do what you said, buy his and sell yours to make most of the cash back.

while that might be true for blasters and some quad. it isn't true with bikes.
an 03 bike is going to be way better than a 94 bike. they change so much sh*t on bike. like the suspension/chassis and the motor.

while that might be true for blasters and some quad. it isn't true with bikes.
an 03 bike is going to be way better than a 94 bike. they change so much sh*t on bike. like the suspension/chassis and the motor.

that is true but he said it only has about a year on his rebuilt motor (he said top and bottom only had about a year on it).

ya so, it would be like say. hey i have a brand new 85 lt250r motor, but i can get a 87 lt50r motor. they are different. they are not the same motor.

if your not racing or anything and your bike is doing just fine, then dont worry about it man. get more important things before you get a newer bike when you already have one that does just fine. maybe later on, you'll want a 250 or 450f so then you'd have to look again. besides, you may be able to get this one for 1,000 or 1,100, but it could be sevaral months before you sell yours.

You've never been into dirt bikes have you?

You've never been into dirt bikes have you?

yes, i've had dirtbikes all my life... i just don't see the point in trading an older yz125 to a newer one unless he needs something better for racing or unless there was a big enough change in them like steel frame to aluminum frame (which it probably did because my cr125r is the steel frame type and a couple years newer they went to aluminum).