Chain roller , upper and or lower.

sporty982000

Jul 10, 2012
Illinois
Well.

The lower chain roller on both blaster, were looking shot. bad shape.

I just happen to have some delrin and I have a mini lathe.

So with money tight, I made two.

Here is what mine look like.

100_2099.jpg

100_2098.jpg

100_2097.jpg

I used the stock plastic sleeve, from the old ones.

1/2 i.d. the sleeve goes right on.

I had some bearings, with 1/2 i.d. but the o.d. was to big to use.

But brass o bronze sleeves, are a good idea, I didnt think of that.

bronze sleeves will roll on along for a long time. Especially if you buy the ones that are impregnated with oilite from the factory....

I bought 1/2" ID 5/8" OD 1" long bronze sleeves from Ace Hardware to make my chain rollers out of. I actually use short chunks of special super hard plastic hose driven over top of the sleeves to make the rollers....

I am all out of delrin, I only had about 4 inch long piece. to make them.

I forgot to add a bit of info.

1" wide. 1/2 I.D. 1 & 3/8ths O.D.

I might try and buy some more material when I get some money, if I do, ill make a few more. maybe some one might be interested in some. But a i got to have $$$ to buy the material. But I could sell them way cheaper then what ebay is selling them 4.

I seen them on ebay- here

Lower Chain Roller Yamaha YFS200 Blaster 1988-2006 | eBay

$10.77, with free shipping.

I think I could do them for 4.00 each and whatever shippng is.

But at the moment, that a funding issue.

Sporty

Last edited by a moderator:
bronze sleeves will roll on along for a long time. Especially if you buy the ones that are impregnated with oilite from the factory....

I bought 1/2" ID 5/8" OD 1" long bronze sleeves from Ace Hardware to make my chain rollers out of. I actually use short chunks of special super hard plastic hose driven over top of the sleeves to make the rollers....

Awesome, would enjoy pictures of those.

Sporty

I have a question, i lowered my blaster and the chain would hit the top one and make a rattling noise and we went riding yesterday and it came off and the chain hits just the piece that holds the roller on, will it hurt it??