Chain issue missing something can anyone help? Please asap?

riderz_613

May 21, 2009
Ontario Canada
Hey Gang..
Just got my blaster like a week ago..
I was looking the chain is really loose.. the tentioners are maxed out.. I was thinking on removing a link.. or just waiting for my replacement chain to come from a member on here.

BUT I think I am missing a chain roller? :(
The chain is loose and its coming off the front sproket and rubbing on my shifter shaft...... and it looks like there is a spot for a roller? Maybe I am missing something?

or I need a shorter chain? Can someone look at the pics and help please?
if I am missing something I was to get it ordered asap.

Attachments

• P5310102.JPG
    P5310102.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 164
  • P5310106.jpg
    P5310106.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 141
  • P5310104.JPG
    P5310104.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 129
Thanks ron89 Your a awsome help!

I Figured that but I have no manual.. and I was wondering..
Once again the forums came through for me :)

So I guess monday morning it is time to order a chain roller then! :(
list is growing with this blaster lol I thought I got a good deal! lol

If you want to i got a used chain roller for there and the bolt to hold it on,was used but in good shape,just drop me a pm or something.

So the lower one I take it.. and it bolts into that bracket where there is nothing in the bike I take it..
So they will take the weight of the chain?? I take it mine just broke off? probally old?

Where is the upper just so I can look when I get back to the shop and thanks for the help
Blasterbruce!

yes your only missing that one , the upper is round and on your swingarm real close to the sprocket , its there , you can is it in the pics !! , your welcome

looked to me that both are missing, the bottom one goes under the chain, the top one above it, both mount to the little tab sticking off the back of the frame, with the threaded hole's, my experience is you have'ta cut the stock mounting barrel off flush, to put aftermarket roller bearing ones on

^^^ i didnt have to do that when i put my upper and lower rollers on.i ordered some regular ones from the dealership and they bolted right up.theres an upper and lower,the roller at the front of the swing arm and then the slider at the back and on the bottom of the swing arm

Well Thanks for all the responses to this! ALL of you been a awsome help with your feedback..

Now I looked.. I see a tab that would be for a roller I assume for the lower part of the chain to sit on? ... I assume thats for the lower roller thats missing causing my chain to hang low and be on my shifter shaft?

Now I been looking for a upper? And I see above the top of the chain there is a mount with a shaft just like a round tube coming off it?? but its not a roller? or is it? and the roller is missing off it?
or is it suppose to just be a metal shaft?

HELP MORE PLEASE! I want to order what I need tomarrow!

I ended up going with ALL Balls just for the rollers... Well..
They called for the same part # for upper and lower rollers.. I got them today Part# 179-5009... Well looks like 1 will work for the top.. but the bottom one bolts on.. and they dont have ball bearings or anything like that..
I called them they are sending me a free hopefully correct lower... Part #79-5008.... So I am hoping it works.. He said it was a bolt on with bearing.. but the same width as the top one? I thought the bottom would be wider?

Question..
the Bottom one should have bearings and bolt on with like a 8mm bolt? am I correct?
the Top one slides on that shaft?? And just put a bolt wiht a washer to hold it on? and grease it? it has no ball bearings....

anyone?

BUMP BUMP lol

Well I figured most of it out now... BUT Does anyone know the size of the bolt for the lower chain roller is it 8MM?? or?

PLEASE?