chain and sprockets

blasterboy32

Jan 9, 2012
harrisburg, pennsylvania
how badly will running an old chain with new sprockets effect how fast they wear? the previous owner of my bike put brand new sprockets on it but used the old chain he barely rode it like this though because the paint is still on the sprockets. i know people say that when you replace sprockets replace the chain too but why? is this old chain going to destroy my brand new sprockets if i run it?

Yes. Chains stretch and when you put new sprockets with an old chain the old chain will wear on the new sprocket teeth causing premature wear

also since this is probably the same on most quads and bikes and this kx might be the same as a blaster as far as this goes. my shift shaft seal and kick starter shaft seal leak. can i replace these from the outside and how do i get the old ones out? just thought id ask this instead of starting a new thread. i with i could find a kawasaki forum as good as blasterforum

also since this is probably the same on most quads and bikes and this kx might be the same as a blaster as far as this goes. my shift shaft seal and kick starter shaft seal leak. can i replace these from the outside and how do i get the old ones out? just thought id ask this instead of starting a new thread. i with i could find a kawasaki forum as good as blasterforum

no forums as good as blaster fourm!