case splitting

great question, i am about to replace my crank bearings and am wondering the same thing... i wanna hear/see the home-made techniques! bump!

yea i was looking at the tools and there 70 for the case splitter and 70 for the crank puller and like 20 for the flywheel puller.there a vid on youtube on how to do it it almost looks to complicated and i want to send mine somewhere to have them do it cuz i know if i do i will break something like i always do

I used a steering wheel puller to push the crank out. Worked great. As for pulling the crank back in Fab up a piece of pipe and a couple big washers.

it is a pretty simple job just take your time and use the repair manual..

i am doing a rebuild with my blaster because my case crack i will post some pictures when i get the parts its really not that hard if you have the tools expecially on a 2 stroke

you dont need a case splitter. the only tool i needed was the fly wheel puller. After you get all the bolts holding the case together you just tap around the center (w/ a rubber hammer) and the two halves will separate. leave it on the fly wheel side to make sure the gears dont fall out.

sorry dude, wrong. leave the tranny on the clutch side. you want to pull the primary drive gear ,but leave the clutch and kickstart idler gear installed. this will keep the tranny in place inside the case.
pull the left side (ignition side) off then pull the crank out of the right side. but this will make it a little difficult to get the crank bearing out of the clutch side half, because the shift forks and drum might wanna fall out while you're pounding out the bearing. also, you prob wanna get a full seal kit. the countershaft seal will most likely get torn up during the split.
as for splitting the cases, it's SO easy w/ the right tools, but if you don't wanna buy them, you can get the cases split w/ a rubber mallet, though it'll be a little harder to get the crank out of the second half.....but it would be pretty hard to try to get the crank back into the new bearings. you can try sweating it in, or try fabbing a puller w/ some allthread and a pvc or conduit pipe. just gotta figger out a way to attach the allthread to the crank threads.