carburetor size

When i got the bike it had a decent home port and the ports matched but it was all rough so when i rebuild my bike i cleaned it to a miror finish thats all i could tell you

i'd stick with the 30mm you have.

When i got the bike it had a decent home port and the ports matched but it was all rough so when i rebuild my bike i cleaned it to a miror finish thats all i could tell you

Hopefully you didn't clean/polish the intake and transfer Portsmouth a mirror finish. You need it to be rough. I think it has to do with fuel flow, but not sure. I do know that the only thing you want mirror finish is the exhaust ports. If it's a home port job I would stick with the 30. My advice would be send it to Ken and have it ported and get the head mod. You'll know it's done right and you can run a 34pj.

Whats a price range for.that cause im trying to get elkas or floats cause for stage 3 front and rear.brand new i can get them for 1100! Thats a great price imo

I believe it's 175 for porting and 50 for head mod. So with shipping and gaskets your probably looking at 260. If you race this is a must have. Couple those to things with a bigger carb and you've doubled your hp. I would do the +4 timing mod too, it's free! The good thing is you already have the pipe for it. The only thing you will have left to do to the motor is the v force 4 reeds.

Hopefully you didn't clean/polish the intake and transfer Portsmouth a mirror finish. You need it to be rough. I think it has to do with fuel flow, but not sure. I do know that the only thing you want mirror finish is the exhaust ports. If it's a home port job I would stick with the 30. My advice would be send it to Ken and have it ported and get the head mod. You'll know it's done right and you can run a 34pj.

yea if the intake is smooth the gas will puddle in there i believe

Polish the bonnet of your car, spray water on it, the water beads.

The same principle applies with a shiny intake tract, the fuel will tend to bead and break off in globs rather than atomised fuel, so you could be spitting raw fuel into the crancase.

If the fuel is not atomised then it is very hard for the lubricating oil to come out of suspension.

The intake surfaces should not be mirror smooth.