Carburetor question

kevnic

Mar 15, 2014
Hey guys, I have a few questions for you. I bought my blaster blown up, so I rebuilt it with new piston and rings. I cleaned out the carb real good and put it all together. Fired off first kick. Runs real good but has a shaky idle, does not really like to idle. I adjusted it up with the screw on the tors, seems better but that is not the real issue. Problem is my airscrew does NOTHING. I retorqued the heads and was resetting the carb settings, and the bike runs the same if the screw is all the way in, or out. There is no change in idle, nothing.
I did notice when I had the reed cage out that the reeds were looking pretty worn, one side had a little gap where it was not sealing at all. Any ideas?

I premix the fuel at 32:1 and add straight to the tank
I have not removed the oil injection system, tank is empty
The power delivery is ok, doesn't really bog or do anything nasty, although I have not ridden another blaster in 20 yrs so I wouldn't know anyway
No air box cover, and air filter has a "wrap" around it like a pre filter
As far as I know the jets are all stock. I believe I checked them last year and the numbers matched up but I can't be sure.
Thanks guys

If all the jets are stock, do not start it until you have rectified the jetting.

It is possible that the oil injection system is creating an air leak.
The nipple on the carb must be capped off.

Have you tested the engine for air leaks, a common culprit is the reed block/carby boot?

image.jpg