Carburetor Keihin 34mm dude

dtellechea

Oct 30, 2011
Hello everyone, this time I come to consult them about a question I put a carburetor and I decided ...

Now I have a question that gnaws at my head, I put a carburetor (34mm Keihin) but I have fears that the fuel runs out very fast to me, I in 2 hours I consumed 6 liters (pro circuit, and short relationship) a friend has installed a 34mm carburetor told me that consumes 8 liters in 25 minutes in sand giving strong ... (May be a lie he is greatly exaggerated)

I want to start a ride in MX, but what I would, you should spend so much in so little time because I am going to sand about 40 days a year ... They are worth the expense? here in Argentina it costs me 533 uss placed ..

PS: Sorry but I am using the google translator, my English is basic, medium and some words I still hard to understand, appreciate if they were as explicit as possible

EDIT: I forgot to tell you that I start investing in the engine since I have new suspension (a-arms +3 +1 - YFZ shocks - rear shock trx) then I'll post it as I otherwise I anchored at which you usually do.
Now send the blaster to the laundry, this Sunday I was training in a circuit here in Buenos Aires, Argentina

1234k03.jpg

28sm3w0.jpg

(That was the first jump, was testing the suspension and then regulate it still could not find a good regulation)

Last edited:
I don't think that a larger carb would cause you to burn fuel faster, especially if its jetted properly for the engine.

Maybe the carburetor is leaking? Check the overflow lines to see if anything is coming out. Check the bowl as well, make sure none is leaking.

Triple_B, thanks for your answer ... So you could understand me you say that the biggest carburetor does not spend more fuel faster, I have little knowledge of mechanics but I think by putting a bigger carburetor makes much more mixing between air and fuel that is not so ?

I still did not put but I am considering whether to put it is worth the expense

Triple_B, thanks for your answer ... So you could understand me you say that the biggest carburetor does not spend more fuel faster, I have little knowledge of mechanics but I think by putting a bigger carburetor makes much more mixing between air and fuel that is not so ?

I still did not put but I am considering whether to put it is worth the expense

Think of it this way.... When you removed that stock carburetor, it was jetted accordingly for the engine. When you put that 34mm carburetor on, you needed to get it properly jetted for the engine. So really, the fuel/air mixture needed for the engine to run properly stayed the same in both carburetors, just using smaller/larger jets. The fuel/air mixture should be exact/close to what it was before, even with the larger carburetor. If it was different, you could be running lean/rich.

So really, the fuel consumption by the engine should have stayed the same

Triple_B, then if I put a bigger carb I'm improving on the engine? if the air / fuel is similar to the stock carburetor does not improve anything? I said they would have more power as it enters more gasoline and air to the engine and not drown ...

Triple_B, then if I put a bigger carb I'm improving on the engine? if the air / fuel is similar to the stock carburetor does not improve anything? I said they would have more power as it enters more gasoline and air to the engine and not drown ...

I may be wrong, but I'm almost certain it wouldn't make any real noticeable gains in response/HP. If you didn't do any modifications to the engine/exhaust/intake before and after switching carburetors, then the mixture should have stayed the same.

If you dont have any mods to your engine like port work, milled head,aftermarket exhaust there is no need for a bigger carb. because you are going to have to jet it down and will end up with the same performance. kinda like if you had a grande burrito and a small mouth you have to take small bites out of it to eat it. lol

Triple_B, my mechanic will put it told me I would have to modify some of the shuttle and admission, I now I have pro circuit exhaust, which would make the time to put the carburetor is to put an air filter K & N

Scrappy, now I have pro circuit exhaust, the engine is stock, I have to port the head and cylinder? port when the cylinder piston then I have to change too?

Hello everyone, this time I come to consult them about a question I put a carburetor and I decided ...

Now I have a question that gnaws at my head, I put a carburetor (34mm Keihin) but I have fears that the fuel runs out very fast to me, I in 2 hours I consumed 6 liters (pro circuit, and short relationship) a friend has installed a 34mm carburetor told me that consumes 8 liters in 25 minutes in sand giving strong ... (May be a lie he is greatly exaggerated)

I want to start a ride in MX, but what I would, you should spend so much in so little time because I am going to sand about 40 days a year ... They are worth the expense? here in Argentina it costs me 533 uss placed ..

PS: Sorry but I am using the google translator, my English is basic, medium and some words I still hard to understand, appreciate if they were as explicit as possible

EDIT: I forgot to tell you that I start investing in the engine since I have new suspension (a-arms +3 +1 - YFZ shocks - rear shock trx) then I'll post it as I otherwise I anchored at which you usually do.
Now send the blaster to the laundry, this Sunday I was training in a circuit here in Buenos Aires, Argentina

1234k03.jpg

28sm3w0.jpg

(That was the first jump, was testing the suspension and then regulate it still could not find a good regulation)

Poner ese carburador de 34 mm más grande con un motor de corriente completamente stock (Unported, sin modificar) va a doler más que ayuda, si tuviera que ir a una de 28 mm con culata de motor corriente puede notar una pequeña diferencia. Para aprovechar al máximo el poder de su dinero, usted debe tener un puerto de constructor de motores / que coincida con su motor con una manivela stroker, (si las reglas lo permiten MX) o ir a una vara larga (al igual que un stroker crank) A continuación, añada 34 mmcarb, caña jaula, caja de aire de recambio, posiblemente, un nuevo tubo y se le puede hacer zoom!

I hope that translated ok- if not here it is in English-

Putting the 34 mm carburetor with a stock piped motor (Unported, unmodified) will hurt more than help, if you would go with a 28 mm with current engine may notice a small difference. To get the most out of your money, you should have a engine builder port/match with head modification and possibly a stroker crank (if the rules allow MX) or go to a long rod- then add the 34 mm carb, reed cage, spare air box, possibly a new pipe and you will be very happy!

Could be ... I did the engine completely new tread it broke everything after strong 20minutes nonstop (did not know the operation of an engine 2t)

With a v-force3 will feel different? now was considering changing the exhaust, I'm between a Toomey Racing and Trinity ...

Turning to the Carburetor, would have to port the cylinder and piston for a change of more compression?

ps: thanks for the translation and the original text, the translator sometimes fails but enough words in English, only a few, never disapproved English at school, going well! hahah

EDIT: The rules of the championship in my category (CAT. LIMITED) allows any modification to the engine not exceeding 350cc. (Raptor 250, 350, H300, h, 250 etc) if the judges detected something strange is cited pilot and right then finish the race after the mechanic in charge of the organization opens the engine, in case of violating the rules and penalties will deduct points

Last edited:
In sand, the engine is having to work A LOT harder to propel an ATV because the sand is a constant drag on the engine. There is no such thing as "coasting" on sand, you are on the throttle the entire time so it will require a lot more fuel than MX or trail riding.

Triple_B is correct, the proper fuel mixture will be the same no matter what size or brand carburetor you decide to use but slickerthanyou is also right, a 34mm carb on a completely stock engine is too large.