Carburator Boring

kpnone

Feb 10, 2011
Alaska
I have a pretty much stock Blaster. Running a Toomey B-1 pipe, forged piston and vitos clutch. I'm doing a home P&P based on Ken O'Connors DIY. I'm also going to do the intake (I've done P&P before with good results). I'm kinda Just tinkering this year since my rider (Son) broke his arm and is pretty much finished for the season.

My question is regarding carburator boring. How do I do it? Has anyone here done it? Can I do it myself?

I know the simple answer is to buy a new carb, but what fun would that be. I'm planning on upgrading to a 240 next season, but I'd like to see what I can get out of our 200 for the remainder of this season.

Thanks, KP

square_peg.jpg

M076295W01.jpg

flapsander.jpg

I:Ikeep us updated with picsI:I

Thats just to damn funny, sorry i had to, i'll delete just as soon as im through laughing my a$$ off

Reactions: Antec1200X
you can bore the carb using a lathe and a boring bar,of course you will have to dis assemble the carb including the dump tube

whats a dump tube ????

its the part where your main jet threads into and where your needle slides in and out of in the middle of the carb,you have to remove that so you can bore through the carb

its the part where your main jet threads into and where your needle slides in and out of in the middle of the carb,you have to remove that so you can bore through the carb

gotcha,
the one with all the small holes in it
never knew what that was called, i've had it out a few times when cleaning, just didnt know it's name

I thought a yz80 carb was an improvement on stock blaster but i maybe wrong. I just happen to have one I would let go cheap still on bike.

yup u could use da carb off any 85 2t bike cause there 28mm u can squeeze it on the stock intake boot u could use any carb u want really as long it fits u could use a lawn mower carb if u wanna but that wouldn't b idle

Are there any benifits to going to a yz 85 carb with basicly a stock motor

or these a cheeper version of a more expencive carb for the more modified motors ?

A 28mm carb is a good upgrade for a mostly stock (filter, pipe, reeds) motor. Once you get into heavy porting, strokers, and BBK a 30-35mm is better choice.

I like the PWK28 carb. I think youll have better throttle response and it will feel stronger everywhere with it. Problem with this carb is its a Keihin and you cant go off Mikuni jetting so you gotta figure that part out on your own.

I like mine though. Im putting in a KOR trail ported jug and worked head, and I have an old style FMF Fatty and outerwears airbox cover with a good filter on there, and hopefully this thing is enough carb for me. If it isnt, Ill prolly go up to a 30 or a 32. I dont think I should have to go higher than that as Im not a 240.