Carbon Fiber Parts

Ted5986

May 1, 2009
Denville, NJ
ok starting a new thread here because i actually started working on some stuff today. heres the old one...just some idea hunting. http://www.blasterforum.com/off-topic-7/cabon-fiber-parts-17313/

So, i recently bought a tusk front bumper from a member on here. Today i took the center piece out and got it prepped to run i few carbon parts off of it. Its flat and pretty simple, and i was lazy and didn't want to start any molds this morning. the epoxy is just getting tacky so i can lay some carbon and flood coat it. I will put some pics up as soon as i pour th flood coat on. prop a few hours.

Still taking ideas too. So let me have em

here's after just one coat of resin this is wet layup and its not the warmest weather here in jersey, but here it is.
1019090053a.jpg

and here is a chevy emblem for my cobalt that i did.
1019090054a.jpg

in the spring i will make a set of plastics if i have the money or if someone pays me upfront the sh*t is not cheap. hey parsippany where do you ride???

wow that picture looks like hell i need a camera these cell pics are terrible. here comes another one fresh coat

pic2.jpg

dont mind the ghetto work bench its a snapple case. its way to cold outside and trying to keep the mess to a minimum

have a few trails around my house of course they are all illegal other than that no where really cant drive yet only 16 so cant go wherever i want

so tomorrow after work i prob wont have time to work on this at all. i have to drive about an hour to meet up this guy who is buying my old mojave. Then when i get home i have some work to do on my girl's lt230. I want to get that thing out there soon. She still has to learn...

Anyway next carbon project i think will be the hood. but not sure. I still want to do air scoops and i want to build myself an airbox

Reactions: stephen12091985
thanks now i just need to start shooting some good parts out. I need to get the mold for my air scoops done. Seems like there is a good deal of interest in them. Plus i want to help out my blaster buddies on here. When i first found this forum you guys helped me a lot. Got my friend to buy one, then i rode it a few times, and i was sold.

for metal yeah now try to bend carbon....lol i need to make a mold from either metal or fiberglass. prob going to do i metal plug and make the fiberglass mold off of that. the air scoops will likely have som fiberglass in them as well as the carbon to cut down on material cost without sacrificing the strength. They probably get some good abuse being up front in the wind and whatever feels like hitting them. They will be pretty light and they will look sweet too.