Carb/Throttle help

Shadow

Dec 31, 2017
12E269B4-1D82-4407-8826-8341DE51497F.jpeg
E5C6301E-0CB9-4583-A623-ED09A6169E20.jpeg
Hello , I have a 01 Yamaha Blaster that I just swapped frames. I have a problem with my throttle cable being to lose. And the crab leaks gas out of the over flow as soon as I turn it on. I can’t get it to start.I have spark and good Compression , I think something is messed up with the crab.? Please help me :)

Are you doing a TORS removal ? If so you need to get the correct carb slide cap.

Clean the carb, set the float, good thread on how to clean the float needle seat. One on how to clean carb.

Are you doing a TORS removal ? If so you need to get the correct carb slide cap.

Clean the carb, set the float, good thread on how to clean the float needle seat. One on how to clean carb.
I am not doing a tots removal. I clean the crab before seemed clean but I’ll give that another try. Thanks You

Reason I asked about the TORS is because it looks like a TORS cap without the brick on top, which is why the cable is to long. That or you didn't take the ferrel of the old cable.

1CCF2368-5FA7-4C18-932F-2E5E75759091.jpeg

Is that the brick ? Everything is stock I never took the cable off, I only unscrewed the cap and pulled the slider out. It’s worked before I swapped frames.

Did you run cable improperly? I would suggest getting new tors removal kit with new cable just a suggestion
Over flow problem was already stated but yes that would be your float level

Did you run cable improperly? I would suggest getting new tors removal kit with new cable just a suggestion
Over flow problem was already stated but yes that would be your float level
I don’t know much about the tors removal. I’ll have to look into. It’s werid that it would just stop working like that.

If it worked before you either lost the ferrel from the carb cap/cable end. Or you bought a new cable and got the wrong one.

Go to engine forum, carb sib-forum, lots of great how to's in there.

And yes, that is the TORS "brick", and takes a different cable than a regular carb cap

Should make the problem go away, if you dont want too you could try to fix tors brick but thats up to you

Ok I would like to try and fix the tor. If that fails I guess I can bite the bullet and drop more money in it. Haha That being said how do I fix my tor ? I tried to look it up with no success :( thanks for all the help evebody :)

Ok I would like to try and fix the tor. If that fails I guess I can bite the bullet and drop more money in it. Haha That being said how do I fix my tor ? I tried to look it up with no success :( thanks for all the help evebody :)

The TORS brick is $150.00 from Bike bandit . An elimination kit is $22 and up on Amazon, tough choice:rolleyes:

Reactions: blasterbrian
Hi guys I have a problem with my blaster
My sister was riding the quad in first gear
For long time and too fast and suddenly it stopped to work what's wrong

View attachment 32152 View attachment 32151 Hello , I have a 01 Yamaha Blaster that I just swapped frames. I have a problem with my throttle cable being to lose. And the crab leaks gas out of the over flow as soon as I turn it on. I can’t get it to start.I have spark and good Compression , I think something is messed up with the crab.? Please help me :)

''IM'' asking dumb questions here:) cannot tell from you dis-assembled parts but
is the cable locked in under this cover?
if nothing changed in cable then well nothing changed check it
and post pics with it installed properly:)
shadow duh.jpg

also did you paint the frame looks same colors as your bars if you did make sure the ground wire that attaches here is bare metal not painted circled below........
shadow paint1.png

Hi guys I have a problem with my blaster
My sister was riding the quad in first gear
For long time and too fast and suddenly it stopped to work what's wrong
hopefully your sister is hot cuz it sounds like she overheated ito_O
check plug
check compression with a compression tester 120psi is normal compression
also you should try and create a new thread cuz this is shadows thread:eek:
give it a try:cool:

Reactions: blasterbrian
C8EC8A5D-A9CD-4419-902D-E8829C7B7B8A.jpeg

The tor brick cable was disconnected I reconnected it and it was fine now.
EA16B381-3EA3-455B-A71A-C94C24B580FF.jpeg

I took off the throttle cap and it was installed correctly. I cleand all the ground points to bear metal. I am gonna try and fire it up tonight when we get home. I’ll keep you all up to date. Thanks everybody

Reactions: speedyslyder