Carb screw issue

IMAG1335_zps291757fa.jpg

the spring is the parking brake return spring, as long as it's returning that lever to it's nuetral position, let it alone.

and if that connector leads to the parking brake switch, just unplug it.

IMAG1336_zps55221e05.jpg
The one closest to handlebars. That's the line I traced

As for the lever returning, I have no idea. As I stated earlier I don't believe the p-brake even works. I couldn't ever get it set

View attachment 8718
The one closest to handlebars. That's the line I traced

As for the lever returning, I have no idea. As I stated earlier I don't believe the p-brake even works. I couldn't ever get it set

yep, thats the parking brake switch

time for a park brake blockoff and ez-pull clutch lever:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tusk-Billet...Parts_Accessories&hash=item19e92486aa&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EZ-Pull-Clu...Parts_Accessories&hash=item4163569d55&vxp=mtr

Last edited by a moderator:
Will it hurt to ride it like this for a little bit before purchasing the new lever and blockoff kit? I don't know if this fixed my original problem or not just yet. I have to wait until morning to see. Neighbors would probably be pissed if I cranked this thing at 10:50pm

You can ride it with the stock clutch lever and perch. As long as the parking break mechanism on the rear brake isn't engaged, it will go. I think Awk was making upgrade suggestions for ya!

You should still try to see whats going on in that engine, Get it right now, then you know you have something reliable to ride:)

Your definitly moving in the right direction to getting it going!

MAN, you guys are AWESOME!!!! Lastnight I unplugged the parking brake from under the hood. Did NOT mess with the TORS. Came out here to garage this morning, and she cranked up on about the 2nd to 3rd kick. SHE TOOK THROTTLE!!!! And it'll also idle while sitting, which it wasn't doing before. I had to hold the throttle just a tinch to keep it from dying. But, she seems to be smoking a bit more than usual. Could it need air screw adjustment? It literally filled my 20x25 garage with all the smoke. Once the garage was fully raised the neighbors probably thought I was in here all night smoking marijuana lol. Any help on this smoke issue?

The excess smoke could just be all the raw unburnt fuel laying in there from all the unsuccessful attempts to start it. Give it time to clear itself before doing anything to correct it.

You should also re-adjust your airscrew for highest idle then adjust idle with the idle screw on top of the carb/tors box, accessed from under the seat/tank.

throttle- I came out 2 1/2 turns....air screw- I came out 1 1/2 turns....Started it..adjusted idle back 1/2 turn

It will take throttle but once I let go it seems to die unless I tap the throttle for a second and then it'll idle on it's on. But if I hit it and let go, it'll die. What needs to be adjusted with this issue? air screw in/out? or throttle in/out?

Idle adjusting.
Set float level, make sure that all jets are clean and fuel flows freely from the float bowl drain when the screw is cracked open.
Start with air screw 1.5 turns out.
Set idle screw so that it has some sort of idle. With TORS it is the big screw under seat on top of unit. With no TORS is is the brass screw midway down carb body.
Warm up motor and then set idle screw for a faster idle, 2000rpm+
Adjust air screw either way to get the fastest idle.
Adjust air screw a little at a time leaving 10 secs or until the motor responds.
Re adjust idle screw for desired idle .

I believe I got it right. Not 100% sure as I'm not the perfectionist. It works for me though. I truly appreciate every bit of help that you guys gave me.

I believe I got it right. Not 100% sure as I'm not the perfectionist. It works for me though. I truly appreciate every bit of help that you guys gave me.
I dislike it when people say "it works". It doesnt show that you did anything but put a band-aid on it... Do it right or dont do it all eh?

It should be a simple fix with the carby, and plenty of info here for you to do it

The proof of the pudding is in the eating, if you got it right the engine will perform flawlessly!
I think i missed the point here, but i could eat :p

I dislike it when people say "it works". It doesnt show that you did anything but put a band-aid on it... Do it right AND ASK FOR HELP <----*FIXED*

It should be a simple fix with the carby, and plenty of info here for you to do it

If you have any more questions or problems, be sure to post a thread and someone here will fix you up.