Carb overflow tubes?

Xero

Jan 8, 2012
England, UK.
Ok you know how the stock carb has 3 overflow poins? the bottom and one on each side? well mine leaks "ALOT" out of the side, i think its mainly because of how i ride but ill be checking the float and such anyway, but i was thinking can i block the 2 sides and just have the bottom one? or even juts block one side? thanks

Ok you know how the stock carb has 3 overflow poins? the bottom and one on each side? well mine leaks "ALOT" out of the side, i think its mainly because of how i ride but ill be checking the float and such anyway, but i was thinking can i block the 2 sides and just have the bottom one? or even juts block one side? thanks

nope nope and nope. u need the ones on the side. the one on the bottom only comes out when u turnthe bottom scre. that drains all the gas from the carb. just pull down that little tab on the float a little bit, and all your problems wiil be solved.

Ahh I see, prust of lost about half a litre if not more out of it today, i stopped and the hold side was just soaked :l , ill have a go at that and hopefully it works, problem is is i where i ride i corner alot more one way than i do the other and when the bike is trying to pull over and im leaning to stop but its more to one way if you get what i mean? :S

Ahh I see, prust of lost about half a litre if not more out of it today, i stopped and the hold side was just soaked :l , ill have a go at that and hopefully it works, problem is is i where i ride i corner alot more one way than i do the other and when the bike is trying to pull over and im leaning to stop but its more to one way if you get what i mean? :S

dude, i race and do huge doubles and tables often in the air for 3 secs, and am constantly turning. never do i have any problems with gas pouring out. maybe a drip or 2 but thats normal for not having gravity for 3 seconds. just pull that tab out and it wont leak anymore. the only way thy should leak is if u flip it.

Is the plastic slosh baffle fitted around the main jet?

If the float level is correct no fuel should come out of an overflow tube.

It has been known that some people crimp the spring end of the needle, in the needle and seat assembly, to stop the spring working.

Their reasons for doing this is to allow a salt and pepper fuel flow, to allow the gas to be replentished instantly the level falls.

The downside of this mod is that the carby will flood on anything but level ground, or straight ahead riding, due to float bounce.

You can see if your float level is correct by fitting a clear plastic tube on the drain nipple, and placing it up against the carby.

Turn the petcock on and loosen the drain screw, the level of the fuel should be level with the carb body just above the float bowl gasket.

Is the plastic slosh baffle fitted around the main jet?

If the float level is correct no fuel should come out of an overflow tube.

It has been known that some people crimp the spring end of the needle, in the needle and seat assembly, to stop the spring working.

Their reasons for doing this is to allow a salt and pepper fuel flow, to allow the gas to be replentished instantly the level falls.

The downside of this mod is that the carby will flood on anything but level ground, or straight ahead riding, due to float bounce.

You can see if your float level is correct by fitting a clear plastic tube on the drain nipple, and placing it up against the carby.

Turn the petcock on and loosen the drain screw, the level of the fuel should be level with the carb body just above the float bowl gasket.

Hi guys. My carb is leaking a lot out of the back overflow tube both when standing still and riding(the screw is tightened), ive tried cleaning out the carb, and the float level is correct, the problem seems to be intermittent....im at wits end, pls help

Needle and seat is faulty/dirty.

Varnish buildup in seat assembly, can be removed by turning a toothpaste laden Q tip backward and forward in the seat.

O ring around the seat could be split.

Float could be rubbing the bowl wall.

Tang on float could be pitted by needle.

Gas carring some dirt occasionally fouling needle and seat.