Carb leaking please help

Blasterkid16

Jan 21, 2018
Just rebuilt my whole carb, new needle, new needle seat, new bowl gasket, new float, float height is set to the highest setting within the tolerance(21.5mm to leave the least amount of fuel in the bowl as possible) and the overflow tube in the bowl keeps dumping the gas out. I'm really getting aggravated that I can't get it to stop any ideas? Thanks

there is only a few ways it could leak.
leak past the drain screw
leak past the float needle/valve and seat
or leak because carb is not sitting properly on the intake boot's=levelish:)
maybe there is parts missing in the float bowl like the metal tube that runs in there?
mikuni carb bowl.JPG

Reactions: Awk08
How out of level would it have to be and in which direction like for example if you were sitting on the quad and it was tipped a 1/4" to the right would that throw it off that much

Could someone help me out and measure the length of the overflow tube in their bowl and also how far away the tube is from the front of the bowl? I’m thinking that someone could’ve either cut the tube shorter for some stupid reason or the tube is bent forward therefore pushing it down into the gas

Attachments

• 59751A6E-CAE5-4F24-B540-F2E4DF080C0D.jpeg
    59751A6E-CAE5-4F24-B540-F2E4DF080C0D.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 190
  • FAC0CB79-7C61-495B-A4EE-A11748568CC0.jpeg
    FAC0CB79-7C61-495B-A4EE-A11748568CC0.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 163
  • 96C359E7-50B6-4E57-8740-C0CDB1A8D382.jpeg
    96C359E7-50B6-4E57-8740-C0CDB1A8D382.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 179
And that may be why I can’t get the gas to stop leaking out without setting the float wicked high

not sure about measurements but make sure that
overflow brass tube is not cracked/hairline cracks.
you could check the sealing of the floats if you got a clean tube
and blew into it while working the floats up/down.
maybe the floats are getting hung up somehow maybe the pin that holds the floats is damaged lol?
i guess you will figure it out eventually or make do with what you got:eek:
what parts did you replace the floats and stuff with?

New O-ring on outside of the needle seat ?
Try tapping on float bowl with screwdriver handle.
As to level, he meant up and down Notch in boot sets it for L-R..
With carb off engine and bowl removed see if gas stops when float is raised. It should lift really easy.
With bowl on but empty, GENTLY shake it up and down, should hear float moving. Float could be tweaked enough to hit bowl or something.

I’ve tried every trick there is and still leaks I have a feeling there’s something wrong with the position of that overflow tube in the bowl