Car Stereo Guys! I Need Help!

Braaaptor

Dec 1, 2009
Hamlet, NC
Hey all, I have a problem. I installed a Sony Xplod radio/CD player (the basic model from Walmart) in my wife's truck two years ago. The CD player still works fine, but for some reason the radio has become stuck on one station. The problem started out of the blue a few months ago. Since she mainly listens to CD's, I haven't been in a hurry to fix it, but its finally time to make this right.

No matter which buttons you push, be it the tuner or presets, the radio simply won't change stations. Its stuck on like 104.something and won't budge. Anybody have some ideas? I tried unhooking the battery and letting the capacitors discharge, but this method of resetting was to no avail. :-/

Did you look for a reset button on the radio? And disconnecting the battery wont discharge the capacitors, the only way to do that is manually, which can be dangerous if done wrong

Did it get wet? Spill coffe or something on it or something? Sounds like an internal problem with the face.. is it a detachable face unit? Check connections for corision and full contact..

you can discharge must things with capacitors by unplugging them and holding the power button for 10 seconds, thats what i do when opening my laptop up.