Cant get to the crank seal!!!!

tonywayne

Feb 21, 2010
I know where it is. I have the cluch cover off, BUt cant brake the damn bolt loose that holds the gear on to the crank chaft. I tride to wedg a screw driver in the gears but afrade im going to f somthing up. Is there a secret or special tool? All i have is wrenches and cockets.

get u an impact gun for unloosing it, it makes it easier and also put a brass or aluminum washer in between the gear teeth to hold them and u wont hurt the teeth.

well this is what we do, getcha a penny yes a penny(its copper so its a softer metal and wont damage the gears) so put it in the gears so they wont turn, but becareful not to drop it in the motor....well if that doesnt work then i dont no what to tell you, but it should work with that penny wedged in there so the gears dont turn

get u an impact gun for unloosing it, it makes it easier and also put a brass or aluminum washer in between the gear teeth to hold them and u wont hurt the teeth.

thats pretty much what i said except for the impact gun.....lol but you beat me to it, and yes impact wrenches are a life savier(imact wrench, gun same thing)

OK i got the crank seal out. I got it with pennies and a wrachet with a cheater pipe, lol. Just a couple Q's As i was pulling the big gear off thats behind the cluch, 2 washers fell off. One realy thin one and a thick one. They go on the cluch shaft behind the big gear that the cluch is on. My Q is where does the thin washer go? one first? And second Q, I had to rip the crank seal out and 2 little spring like rings came out of it. Do i need thies for the new seal or does it come with them? I hope it does caus I mest one up. Any tips on putting the new seal on. I hope its not as hard to put on as it was to get off. Thanks for the help guys.

The new seals you get will have the spring like rings in them already and you will be able to put in the seals alot easier than it is to take out the old ones. I needed a little piece of wood and a hammer to tap the clutch side seal in a bit.

I just hope that fixes it. I couldnt tell if they looked bad are not. But sure had a sh1t load of white smoke and running like sh1t. And my trany fluid smelled like gas.