can you supercharge a blaster

crusty4365

Sep 2, 2007
montgomery NY
i know you can supercharge banshees and that there is a kit
but is it possible to bolt a car supercharger on a blaster and power it off a car battery put under the seat?

i know you can supercharge banshees and that there is a kit
but is it possible to bolt a car supercharger on a blaster and power it off a car battery put under the seat?

Any thing is possible with some welding and fabing.
What supercgarger did you have in mind??

hmm im not sure but it would have to be sumthing small.
it would also need to run off of electric and not a cam shaft or any of that 4stroke sh*t.
im not sure u guys have any ideas?

Electric superchargers are the biggest joke ever, in reality the pressure they produce is usually less than 2 pounds, which translates to them not being worth the load they put on the alternator. They're really not superchargers at all, just more like a ducted fan.

I never saw a supercharger on a quad. A turbo would be a more likely option, but you're not going to just pick one out of a car in a junk yard and cobble the pipes together. It's a lot of planning involved in making one work right, especially on a 2 smoker.

not trying to be an ass and all but if you are looking to go fast just buy the banshee and save ur self the time and money

I got to admit I've never seen a supercharger on a 2 stroke quad. I've seen a crank driven roots type on a 4 poke though. If you got the time and some welding skills go to the junk yard a pick up like an old Ford turbo coupe turbo assembly and have at it :)

Electric superchargers are the biggest joke ever, in reality the pressure they produce is usually less than 2 pounds, which translates to them not being worth the load they put on the alternator. They're really not superchargers at all, just more like a ducted fan.

I never saw a supercharger on a quad. A turbo would be a more likely option, but you're not going to just pick one out of a car in a junk yard and cobble the pipes together. It's a lot of planning involved in making one work right, especially on a 2 smoker.

figure this
just follow this idea i came up with
1 remove stock filter and air boot
2 affix thin sheet plastic over airboot hole and bolt on.
3 take jap electric supercharger- affix to back of carb.
4 put a big car battery where the old airboot used to be in that newly made storage area.
5 drill holes on bottom of old airbox
6 connect wires to newly added jap elec supercharger
7 once convinced it works good- hack a switch into the wires and zip tie to frame for easy turn on.. (preferably by feul petcock that way start up is convenient lol)
8 turn on gas line flip run switch flip supercharger switch push throttle hard and kick engine over- reduce to decent rpm and shift to first and scare some 4pokes!
the reason why i say have throttle in while u kick it, is the supercharger will be flowing air into the cylinder and you need to get feul in there that way it will acctualy start and not just pump air thru the engine. yanno?

its not a bad idea but its not the best either electric super charger with 2psi dont sound worth it u get real hp and boost u would have to make it driven by belt or chain..or turbocharger would be easier to do due to the fact that it runs off of the motor gases..but in most cases even if u got a turbo pushin 14psi of booste would u be able to hold on to it im guessin ass rash for days on that lol..but hey if u think it will work give it a try and see what happens u might be sitting on a damn good idea...try it see what all u gotta do then become rich..goodluck man

see here are the reasons why i chose electric

1 i dont have camshafts to run belts from to power a supercharger
2 i cannot use a turbocharger that runs off gasses due to the fact that no turbo kit will come with a housing that will mount up toa blaster exhaust pipe and even if i did do alot of fab work i would have to weld my pipe to the turbo so i dont ever lose pressure and that just wont work
3 2stroke cycle needs a large expansion chamber so the sound waves eco thru the chamber and force exhaust out the tail pipe and feul air mixture back into the cylinder causing a slight backlash wich in some sence takes away power but makes the engine alot more efficient.. so thats why blasters have big expansion chamber pipes, so by hacking it up to line up with a turbo sounds like a half baked idea.. it will add power and efficiency but it will take away power from the eco thru the expansion chamber to get exhaust out and it will lose efficiency when feul air mixture is spewing out my exhaust manifold... :/

this is why i find a small electric supercharger adding more power than anything else (in terms of a blaster)
i can fit a car battery where the stock airfilter goes when i remove the intake boot and stock filter.
and the car battery has nothing to do with my engine power cuz its not coming off of the stator or anything so the power isnt robbing my engine of anything.

charging every night would be ideal buttttt
if i got a ricky stator i would have some extra power so i could nigger rig (excuse my language) some wires onto the battery and maybe a constant low voltage will prolong the period between charge ups.

i bet it will work, like some people said though.. it will be nice, but the charging aspect of it sounds like its going to be a pain haha, let us know how this works if you do it

You seriously won't get any noticable gain out of that little mickey mouse "supercharger". It's just a fan, not a real supercharger, if you've ever dealt with one you'd understand better. Aside from that, the draw one of those would have on the battery might give you 4 or 5 minutes before it started dying out, and you'd at least need to hook up a rectifier and voltage regulator in addition to a more powerful stator, if you plan to charge the battery that way. You'll just be wasting your money, but if you still think it'll work then go ahead and try it. Just trying to save you some time and money here.

Turbocharging would be a lot more effective, but like you already realize, turbos have their own host of problems to deal with when you're building the system up. You almost have to have somebody working with you that's already done it, or at least has experience working with both turbocharged engines, and 2 strokes. A lot of logistics stuff involved, you're guaranteed to fail if you just sit down one night and tack a turbo from a junkyard on it and expect it to work. It's also not going to be cheap that way, a turbo that's the right size is going to be somewhat difficult to find without spending a fortune.