Can I use these parts with a Weisco crank?

Lon

Aug 3, 2015
Engine was sucking crank case oil so ended up taking it apart and finding a hole,both sides are done..Already bought a set of cases and plan on just swapping everything because top end/all bearings are new and trans is perfect..After checking play in the connecting rod bearing again,I can feel a tiny bit of play..

I can get a brand new Weisco crank for $100.00 ..Will my stock crank bearings and Namura top end swap over to a stock replacement Weisco crank??
Thanks,Lon...

Even if it ends up costing a little bit more, I would still send it to him. I would get an OEM.

I've never ran a hotrods crank but haven't heard a lot of bad things about them.

+3 stroker crank is about the same price. If your doing the crank than why not get a little xtra power while at it.

Not sure if ken can do it now but he used to install a longer rod on the stock crank to make a stock 3mm stroker.

The crank is junk so looks like i'll have to take a gamble and get the Hot Rods or wiseco..Thanks..

i think the reason that wiseco has a bad rep
is because of the trueness of it it is out of whack.
if they get to bad it could vibrate the hell out of you till it breaks lol

hotrods or vitos or rebuild but the oem will last longer.

i would side with hotrods.

every brand has one thing they are best with. wiseco pistons, vitos i will leave to cylinders, hotrods for cranks

dont quote me on this please, i dont have experience with every part/brand

i just want to add this,for people to see without any experience or willing to search web lol:)

ken crank.png

i think the reason that wiseco has a bad rep
is because of the trueness of it it is out of whack.
if they get to bad it could vibrate the hell out of you till it breaks lol

hotrods or vitos or rebuild but the oem will last longer.
Heres my OEM and its junk now...I could of just swapped everything over to the new/used cases when they get here Friday because the crank/rod bearing isn't bad but,I set my table up outside on the porch so I can finish taking the cases apart..Walked in the house to take a piss and my sons friend thought it was a good ideal to lean on the table..Needless to say the damn crank fell about 10ft and hit the concrete,mushroomed the hell out of the flywheel side threads..Could take my cut-off wheel and take the bad spot off but will only get a few turns on the nut with the flywheel on..Just counted and it mushroomed 5 threads on the shaft..Could red loc-tite the bolt on but don't think its worth the chance..

Since your local, if you need a crank rebuilt, Iron Dog Racing is a good place. I've had all my cranks rebuilt threw them. So if you buy a used crank that needs a rod, call them up. Not knocking kor, just Iron Dog is withing driving distance and he is good.