Calling all south africans

Blaner

Your Friendly South African Ambassador
Mar 26, 2008
East London, South Africa
Hello julle mense!

This thread is the brainchild of EvilAsh. While im realistically only expecting about two of you to join, i may be

mistaken (hopefully) Basically, this is the place for all of us to meet up and to see who is who. It will serve as

a spot to get local support when it comes to spares or maybe even riding groups if there are enough of us in one

place.

My biggest gripe is that riders in SA do not have respect for the blaster, although it is an old bike, with a

little help it can be a real fighter. I hope this site and thread will help convince guys not to be taken in by the

fourstroke craze and to be proud to ride a blaster! (do i hear a battle roar?) :)

tell us where you are from and how many buddies you have with blasters

Well, dit is alles!

(feel free to speak a little dutch;) )

ok, well im from East london, my bike is there and ride down there, although i spend most of my time in PE at varsity. Im in my fourth year Bsc Geosciences. I ride mostly in the transkei. although i do as many enduros as possible around the Eastern cape. I have 4 friends with blasters, but if only managed to get one really into them, the others are just casuals...

old south african Quad bikes.....

ATT00001_-1.jpg

im from Mexico and i have 0 friends with blasters

HAHAHAAH Americans! It is for South Africa, not from South America! I know not alot of people knows were the southern tip of AFRICA is an that it is country there that is called South Africa
NO AFRICA IS A CONTINENT AND NOT JUST ONE COUNTRY!

We might not be Africans because of our reflective skins but we may act that way!
So here it comes!

WE DEMAND- A SUB-FORUM IN THE TRAIL SECTION OF THIS FORUM, AND WE DEMAND THAT IT IS CALLED THE (SOUTH AFRICAN CONNECTION). WE ALSO DEMAND THAT ALL PARTS WE ORDER FROM THE STATES BE SHIPPED TO US AT NO CHARGE AND IF OUR DEMANDS ARE NOT MET WE WILL BURN DOWN OUR OWN SCHOOLS AND HOSPITALS AND DESTROY ALL SIGNS OF CIVILIZATION AROUND US AND THEM DEMAND THAT YOU REPAIR IT!!!!

Back on topic, It is a great idea hope to see a lot of you here

This came in from the UK! S.A Government makes huge profits from crime.

Question: "What is the influence of crime on the S.A. Govt?"
Answer: Crime generates millions and millions of Rand's for the SA Government

Here are the facts....

Example 1:

Take just one million home owners in Gauteng who pay for "armed crime reaction" (not crime prevention) where private security companies react AFTER the crime has taken place - no wonder they never make any arrests!

This service costs on average R250 p.m. Therefore 1,000,000 x R240.00 x 12 months x 14% VAT, generates R403 million in tax revenue for the SA Govt!

Example 2:

A car thief steals a R500,000 car and receives between R10,000 and R30,000 for his deed. The car owner is paid out by insurance and then purchases another similar vehicle, on which
he pays 14% VAT of approx R70,000 as a direct result of crime. Who profited the most? The thief or the SA Govt?

We must begin with a mechanism whereby the SA Govt is forced to reconsider this unconstitutional and immoral practice of profiting from crime!

All South Africans should demand that all payments related to protection of life and property should be VAT free and Tax deductible!

This principle should also apply to replacement of stolen property as well as estate duty. If a person dies as a result of crime we should also demand that estate duty not be paid. How much do you think the SA Govt. has made out of estate duty from the murders of 1300 South African farmers?

The S.A. Govt likes to compare us to overseas. Well overseas your safety and security is covered by your income tax and is tax deductible!

It is time that South Africans stood together and made the Govt. and public aware of the Govt's "income" from crime. In the meantime crime is the goose that lays the golden egg.

Is it also not unreasonable to expect victims of violence and hijackings to pay their own medical costs? The Govt. should pay for these expenses as well as family counselling for victims!

Come on South Africa, ask the right questions and demand the right answers!

^^^^^^ That is so true! The government is making alot of money out of crime! The problem is that the white south african is to sh*t scared to open there mouths and close there pockets. South africans never could do something together, see how many churches there are with no differince aswell as political parties- lets start working as a group and not as single units
Our down fall is corruption, or UBUNTU like they call it, you wash my back and i'll wash ours
New south africa UBUNTU- i'll help you to get that Tender from government and you show your thanks with a gift(bribe) in my hand!

^^^^^^ That is so true! The government is making alot of money out of crime! The problem is that the white south african is to sh*t scared to open there mouths and close there pockets. South africans never could do something together, see how many churches there are with no differince aswell as political parties- lets start working as a group and not as single units
Our down fall is corruption, or UBUNTU like they call it, you wash my back and i'll wash ours
New south africa UBUNTU- i'll help you to get that Tender from government and you show your thanks with a gift(bribe) in my hand!

"all that is needed for evil to prosper is for good people to do nothing..." a quote by some random dude
Hey, SA is a mess but damn i love it here!:)

im from the smallest state in the US. PROVIDENCE, RI. i live in a city where riding a quad is ILLEGAL in this state. PERIOD. No legal forest for us to ride or trails. so what do i do with my quad? i keep it in the garage and slowly tuning it for looks. i have a bunch of friends who have blasters, mostly raptors, warriors, 400EXs and quadracers. when it snows real bad, we all get together and cruz the city streets like 12 deep or in the summer we ride with a group of street bikes. lol.. as for police, they give us a thumbs up OR, look at us with the look.. "W.T F! the audacity!" but never chased us. cus they know its gonna be trying to catch a fly with chop sticks (in the snow atleast). once i a blue moon they'll say hey guys take it home huh i dont wanna do any paperwork.

If there is going to be a thread for south africans can it not revolve around oour political and social problems? rather make it funi, SA jokes, SA pics, meet n rides etc.. not oh zuma did this and ANC that.. come on guys....

ON TOPIC
From PE, ride in PE, dont own a blaster but love these blaster people so i stick around here :) busy restoring a 1992 honda CR 125, frames jsut been welded (completely rebuilt the bottom pipes and primed for R250 how cool is that??) , busy sanding down everything for a respray in nissan sentra red, have new grips, new chains and sprockets so just carbs, paint and a engine flush adn im good to ride I:I super excited!
will probably sell her for a road bike or 600 on road offroad il see.

You are right there are more to SA than politics but it is a part of our land! So some ranting and raving is aloud!HAHAA
But rather the positive than negative

I'm also busy building a enduro blaster because i recked my old one.
I e-mail evil-ash also, sounds like nice guy, we need more locals on here

The odd's are always good until the last over for south africa!!!!!! But todays game shouldn't be to hard for them, I hope