Buying my reeds quick answer please brothers!

gb blaster

Apr 19, 2012
Maryland
Hey I'm in the process of buying my reeds as some of you know I'm rebuilding really soon! I need a decent set to for now as I don't wanna buy the v force or nothing till the rebuild money permitting. Whith I the three

Boysen power reeds ( links arnt working im using an app)
Vito's carbon flex
Boysen super stock

Thanks I'm on eBay now sooner the better On the answers I really really appreciate everything.

I ordered the boysen I need the gasket now my friend lost my old one an since I never took the gasket off idk witch one is the right one anyone got a link would be amazing

another tip, use a little RTV (really thin layer) on the gasket to help it seal up. blasters are notorious for intake leaks.

Just search blaster reed valve gasket on ebay or Google and pictures of the correct gasket will pop up ... As for your reed selection ... I've never used boysen reeds myself but I've heard nothin but good things about boysen. I have however used the vitos carbon flex reeds before I got my replacement v-force 3's and there was a noticable improvement with the vitos over stock reeds.

" Brandoz28 : another tip, use a little RTV (really thin layer) on the gasket to help it seal up. blasters are notorious for intake leaks. "

Listen to his advice or you'll have much bigger, not to mention more expensive problems then your reeds !

When you tighten the cage, do it diagonally and incrementally, a little bit at a time to 5.8ft lb on each bolt.

This will stop the cage warping, a major problem which causes the cage flange to leak.

Alright friends I appreciate the tips!

Jus making sure I have all process right in a little sum up here.

I bought high temp copper rtv a while ago because I was planning on takin my reeds off an didn't so I'm gonna use that rtv. I'm leak testing before the bike starts anyways so I will catch a leak before I run if on is present.

Anyways rtv goes on the gasket that sits between the cylinder an the cage or the one that's one that's between the intake an the cage or both?

Also I was told To use blue Locktite by a trust freind an forum member On the screws holding down the reeds to prevent them vibrating lose an getting sucked through my intake.

Btw I went with the boysen power reeds
An the gasket that was linked by Brandoz.

Uhm an slick would u do me one favor. Put a picture of ur exhaust block off for the leak test on here jus wanna get an idea of what I should make so that I will be able to leak test when ever I want.

As always thanks for all the help.

Uhm an slick would u do me one favor. Put a picture of ur exhaust block off for the leak test on here jus wanna get an idea of what I should make so that I will be able to leak test when ever I want.

As always thanks for all the help.

When I get home tonight I will, just a piece of innertube, and a flat piece of metalw/ drilled holes to slide over the studs then ya bolt that on!

Well I got ship conformation for the gasket.
Still waiting on the reeds to confirm shipping hopin that happens soon there coming from California. There priority shipping tho

Reeds are on the way too shipped today! Happy as hell right now! Getting em Tuesday an installing then I gotta wait over night for the sealants to dry leak test the next day an by wendsday I'll know if that was the problem but with a Reed broke off into the cage I think it could be the reason Expectially with good compression an spark!