Buying a new blaster. I need help

blaster333

Jul 10, 2010
Pennsylvania
Okay my brother-in-law has a eather 2000 2001 or a 2002 yamaha blaster. He doesn't ride at all. Since I'm soon buying a car I can't afford a new atv so I have to buy used. Thats when I thought of his 4-wheeler. Then later that day I called him up and asked him if he wanted to sell it. He said that he has to talk it over with Amy (his wife (my sister)) if he should sell it. Today we went down to see it because they were out of town because they were on a trip and we had to take care of their animals anyway. It's nice barely any scraches on fenders, nothing broken on it, no rust, good tread on tires like 80-70%, and he didn't ride it hard or beat the crap out of it. Its stock. I was wondering what would be a good asking price to buy it? Thanks Ryan

P.S. Also I sat on it and it fit me well. Please answer

i would say if its family you should try and low ball him . i would (jokingly) try and offer him 400 bucks. if he says no give him a better offer.but check the compression just to be sure, you want to be above 120 psi .if its below 110 psi your probably gonna have to do a topend rebuild soon so that should drive the price way down.
bottom line is this, if it uns and has 120 psi or better, offe 500- 600
if its lower than 110 offer 400 at most

depending on what it needs, start low and work ur way up......but it is family and u said he doesnt ride it anymore, so u might get it for next to nothing........try to nab some pics if it man

Hell I got mine for $900 and everything was stock (except for the exaust) but there was a hell of a lot of things to do to mine i mean just look at it

depending on what it needs, start low and work ur way up......but it is family and u said he doesnt ride it anymore, so u might get it for next to nothing........try to nab some pics if it man

Okay I have pictures... But I don't know how to put pictures on here... can you explain how to do it?

500 bucks for a good blasty thats crazy 500 wouldnt even touch mine and i would prolly just get pissed if somebody even offered that. if its not broke down and busted to crap dont even low ball him like that

here is 5 of the 9 pictures
hope it helps

Attachments

• Chads Blaster.jpg
    Chads Blaster.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 134
  • quad 3.jpg
    quad 3.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 170
  • quad 2.jpg
    quad 2.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 157
  • quad 4.jpg
    quad 4.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 125
  • quad 5.jpg
    quad 5.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 145
hey these are the last of the 9 pictures

4 this time

Attachments

• quad 6.jpg
    quad 6.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 122
  • quad 7.jpg
    quad 7.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 113
  • quad 8.jpg
    quad 8.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 125
  • quad 9.jpg
    quad 9.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 115
Looks pretty clean, only problem is your dealing with family here. In my dealings w/family some kinda drama usually gets started on one end or the other, just be careful, good luck. ;)

Hey I have a question what is compression anyway?

and how do u check it?

thanks
Compressionin is the pressure the piston creates during it's stroke in the cylinder, the easiest way is to kick it over a few times, it should kick over kinda hard, not real easy w/no resistance. To get a real reading you have to put a compression tester in the spark plug hole & kick it over, then read the dial to see how many pounds per square inch it's making. Over 120 psi :) under :( .

another easy test is to see if if u can push the kick start all the down with ur hand if it goes really easy then it might need to be rebuilt or u can pull the spark plug and put ur finger over it and then kick it over if u cant keep ur finger on the hole the its probaly good
the best way though is to check it with a good compressor tester

Thanks guys I'm going to look in to checking the compression.

So what would you guys ask for the atv as mentioned earlier if you were buying it. Because I have no clue what to offer him and see whats a good price and what it getting ripped off.
Thanks

You could just ask him what he might take for it, then go from there. But since it looks to be in good shape the price could be high. How much are you willing to pay? That we can't tell you. 500 seems fair to me but I don't live there. Looks a lot like mine really.

500 bucks for a good blasty thats crazy 500 wouldnt even touch mine and i would prolly just get pissed if somebody even offered that. if its not broke down and busted to crap dont even low ball him like that

I'm thinking the same. $500 is almost an insult for a good condition running Blasty. I would start at $700 so u dont piss him off.

$700 is a good price, assuming it has 4 good tires and does not need rebuilt. It looks like around a 1999-2000 with original tires... that shows that it has little use. If it was garage kept, its worth it. Still questions to ask before I would pay 7 large- Does it run/idle? Break problems? Rust anywhere? Is the gas in the tank & carb more like jelly?