Buying a blaster with new top end and bottom end won't start and new to quads

TrynaLearn

Jan 24, 2018
Hi,all I'm looking at getting a 03 blaster from a guy for 600. He has rebuilt top and bottom(or as he says) show me all the boxes and receipts etc. etc... long story short he says it's having a issue cranking says he can get it to start just takes a while and when it runs it shuts off. My question is if it is worth buying and by me being new to this would I be able to diy it and how difficult a task is it

As you can tell my sn it's a labor of love but their not too much the guys on here can't talk you threw or cant provide you with the proper info on but if your not mechanically inclined I wouldn't bother and I can say first hand 2strokes are a different ball game for sure but 600 bucks I'd probably get it

I have turned a few wrenches in my day lol and I very attentive to detail so I'm considering getting it

Once you get it running right its well worth it be sure to check and see what kind of parts he used the top ends for instance you buy on eBay go 70 bucks but they are trash search niche kits on here their are pics and videos showing fatal flaws to cheap parts so like I said be for I'd do some research on the parts used to assemble it before I bought it

Either download the service manual or get a Clymers Repair manual.

and I can say first hand 2strokes are a different ball game for sure t

I don't get it ! I've seen/heard this so many times I'd like to puke. They are far more simple than ANY four choke. Rotary valve, piston port, Reed valve, case Reed valve, ALL similar, ALL SIMPLE.as a rock.

It's not like trying to breed Unicorns :p

I would need tires but everything looked nice very clean bike plastics look very good looks like a well maintained machine but again I'm fairly new to buying

If it doesn't look like it was rode hard and put away wet, it's not a bad price.

While some of the electrical can be pricey, with good diagnostic test should be able to narrow it down without using the shotgun approach to part replacement. It could be something as easy as bad ground,switch, plug boot, faulty wire. These things are pretty simple.

Either download the service manual or get a Clymers Repair manual.

I don't get it ! I've seen/heard this so many times I'd like to puke. They are far more simple than ANY four choke. Rotary valve, piston port, Reed valve, case Reed valve, ALL similar, ALL SIMPLE.as a rock.

It's not like trying to breed Unicorns :p
Lol rude I've come to realize 4 strokes have a bit more wiggle room if you will

IMG_0747.PNG

Lol rude I've come to realize 4 strokes have a bit more wiggle room if you will
Jetting wise your right. Although I bet a built 4s would still need jetting, maybe not as much as a smoker. Though you could run a bone stock Blaster year round without changing Jets, just depends on the state of tune.