building a long rod stroker using blaster and banshee parts

98mod

Feb 15, 2016
texas
I curre fly decided to scratch my turbo blaster idea and was reading on macdizzy earlier. And it gave me so inspiring thoughts. I am actually wanting to build a +4 +4 crank using a new crank and a forged rod from blaster and banshee. The crank will be for blaster and rod for banshee. And I was really wanting to have a spacer made to accept a banshee jug and bore the he'll out of it for a big bore kit piston and have the advantage of water cooled on top of it. The parts are more accessible than turbo parts and cross referenceing. Do the stroker cranks come with additional length rods already and does anyone know the length of a stock rod and one on a stroker crank.

Largest a Banshee can be bored is 66mm, same as stock Blaster. With oversize sleeve installed in Banshee max bore is 68mm, same size as Max bore on stock Blaster sleeve. An oversize LA Sleeve in stock Blaster jug can be bored to 72mm. Largest aftermarket individual cylinders I've seen is 68mm, after that they are all mono block. No matter what yoú still have to cut and weld a head for one cylinder.

Unless you can do all the welding and machining yourself, the cost will never be worth it. You could get a full boat CT Sonic or an Airisal for way less money.

As to the crank, get with Ken, he can build you a 6mm stroker.
No clue on rod lengths or how it's compensated for..

BTW, what do you plan to do for a water pump?

Reactions: joeak47
They are saying you can punch a stock blaster jug to 68 with a little left over not much to still hold the piston in and use a banshee piston or use the banshee jug and get closeto 70mm if set up right the radiator and cooling would be simple with a yz250 donor parts I live in tx and summertime is agony I think it sod be beneficial to mine to add the water cooled jug and gain some power on top of it its will mainly boil down to making shure the stroke rodlength and intake exaust port timeing is on point. And send my jug or jugs to oconner since I got the shaft on my last bore job down here

I'm with Larry on this one! Why do all the guess work and add a bunch of weight when you can just...
get a full boat CT Sonic or an Airisal for way less money.

Well I have decided to just go aftermarket. I'm trying to choose between the ebay big bore kit, or one of the ones on ctracing.net question to the ones on here that have one or the other or who rode one with these kits installed. Can i do a long rod stroker with it ?. I figure if im going to do it might as well go all in.How much better are these kits performance wise from jumping off a stock one running and riding one of these? Can you tell a big difference good reliability within the materials there made of do they live long when properly installed amd built exc, and do you have to modify any crank casing area or are the direct bolt on and go besides carb jetting exaust flow exc.

You can get as wild as you want.
All it takes is $$$.

Why not just keep it affordable, FAST, and RELIABLE by getting a stock jug ported, your head re-chambered into a high compression "Hemi", and then spend the time to properly jet it?

You'll be ahead of the game. Guarantee it!

We all have delusions of grandeur, but I'm a "realist"... and I have a budget.

If you need, or are looking for more power, step up to the "Banshee"! It would be cheaper in the long run.
Or... just go spend $9,000 on a new ATV.

What modifications have you done to your blaster so far?