break in jetting

alexdockery

Mar 29, 2011
so im jetting my new stock carb for my 240 kit, what jets do you guys suggest for the break in, then for regular trail riding?
mod list:

240 kit
hotrods stroker crank
stock pipe
stock carb
stock air filter no box lid

That stock pipe is going to hold you back.

If money is tight investigate a used aftermarket pipe, not a DG, before you purchase a carby.

The stock carb will work better with a 240 and pipe, than a 240, stock pipe and large carb.

As to jetting, #280 to #300 main with the needle in the middle slot.

If you premix at 32:1 up the main one more size.

Start big and when broken in plug chop.

If it boggs during the inital break in, lift the needle, .

Do not exceed 3/4 throttle for 2 tanks of gas and then plug chop the main.

so im jetting my new stock carb for my 240 kit, what jets do you guys suggest for the break in, then for regular trail riding?
mod list:

240 kit
hotrods stroker crank
stock pipe
stock carb
stock air filter no box lid

If i were you i dont use that thing until i get a pipe and a bigger carb and some reeds I:I

So I decided to go with a stock bore cylinder cause my big bore was too damaged to repair, but I'm going with a higher comp weisco piston, and im keeping the stroker crank. what should my jetting be now? I'm thinking 230-250?

So I decided to go with a stock bore cylinder cause my big bore was too damaged to repair, but I'm going with a higher comp weisco piston, and im keeping the stroker crank. what should my jetting be now? I'm thinking 230-250?

I wiil go a little higher from 230-270

Let me know if you find a high compression piston, because as far as I can remember they do not exist..