brakes

blasterforlife

Jul 27, 2011
ohio
got a carrier from a 93. trying to come up with a way to make the stock 03 brake caliper work. is there a bracket i can buy or do i have to custom make one. really like the hydraulic brakes dont wanna have to go to the older style.

i beleive you need the 03+ carrier/axle/brake hub-disc also

i was looking on ebay and seen a older carrier with a mount on it for the newer style brakes. guy wants like 90.00 for it. didnt know if anyone has tried this before and knows where i might be able to just get the mount, if i have to try and make one or if i just need to get a new style carrier.

try east coast atv, i've heard and seen they make and sale a complete conversion to shee/03+ style brakes, and if you bug them enuf, they'll sale you just the bracket needed, it bolts on to where the parking brake does, so you lose that

you can get the carrier to work if you weld on some spacers they will be about 10mm long, (a guess) the axles are different however, the old ones you can slide the brake disk on from the brake side after the carrier is on the axle but the newer ones you have to put the brake hub on first as it sits against a ridge on the axle not found on the old versions. its all in order to stop the hydraulic disk floating-the floating disk method is used on the mehanical style.

it can be done but its best if you just get a post 03 axle. you can mod the carrier pretty easily, the axle is the problem