boyesen duel stage reed!

Ok guys I took the carb apart an it has a 250 main an still stock pilot jet an runnin lean what should I do go bigger pilot jet or bigger both need some info for sure on this thanks guys???

Read the tuning guide. It'll help you jet without asking for information. You'll actually understand what you're doing instead of taking recommendations from other people.

Pilot affects the low end, needle affects the middle, and main affects the upper portion of the jetting.

Read the tuning guide. It'll help you jet without asking for information. You'll actually understand what you're doing instead of taking recommendations from other people.

Pilot affects the low end, needle affects the middle, and main affects the upper portion of the jetting.

pilot affect 0 to 1/4 throttle, needle affects 0 to full throttle, main affects 1/4 to full throttle.
jetting has to do with throttle location.

Well it still sounds like it not getting the fuel even when its warm I can pin it to the bar an it spuders when the rpms get high an won't hit max rpm seen like my bottom end but it still has the stock pilot jet maybe a bit bigger would help her out but a guys from the dealer ship said if I put a bigger pilot jet makes it more leaner lol really confused lmao crazy 2 strokes???

if you put a bigger size jet into the carb, it will allow more fuel, this will make the a/f ratio lower which means it is a richer mixture.

That's what I thought lol stupid dealer guy exactly when u add a bigger jet it makes it a bit richer even I knew that!I'm wonder if I should just do the pilot jet c what happens I won't hurt it any more than it is an plus the dealer won't even give me a bigger jet they said I don't need it lol I said u guys just don't like performance u like ur stock oem crap then I left an I'm gona start going to 725 motosport they seem a lot better an they have bigger jets in stock so I don't have to order ya thanks guys!:)

km200, is you want jets, talk to a good engine builder than sells jets. i know FASTracing can make you a jet kit that will give you a decent range of pilot and main jets for your application. they will just need to know your mods, temp, and elevation.

Well I have air box lid on it has DG head pipe an DG silencer an stock reeds an its lean but I got a pair of boyesen duel stage reeds I want to put in but not sure to put them in when its already lean?now if I have that same setup just throw in those boyesen duel stage reeds in now!what do u think I should go to like a 280 main or more or will that be to rich?

As sheeblast said, a retailer can custom tailor a jet kit for you if you'd like but it'll be a fairly narrow window of jetting and probably more than the $25 vito's wants for their kit.

There is no absolute jetting guideline which is why there are so many stickies in the engine section about jetting. You have to let your bike tell you what jetting it needs by tuning the carburetor air screw for the pilot jet, plug chops for the main jet, and good old fashioned guess work and riding for the needle clip position. Read, read, read, and then when you think you are done, go read some more. Once you've read that much THEN go ride your quad and feel how that jetting is. You'll understand what's actually happening inside your carburetor instead of going off of someone else's suggestions (which I argue aren't applicable anyway because every bike and situation are different).

Right on I'm gona do some tuning on it c what happens for sure thanks guys I will post back when she workin good:)!

Hey I never said I was putting a 280 main I said should I!!!!read before u post man lol!I was askin for some input!!!

An I know I don't have any leaks cause all my gaskets are good an my intake is fine just being a beast that's about it but I do a lot more flat out drivin so it will lean for sure!!

Have youo used a leak tester to determine that you don't have a leak? Then you do not know for sure you don't have a leak. The most common leak spot is the reed cage. If you've ever pulled the reed cage off, you may have a leak and not know it.

Holeshot man sells leak down testers for $35 (plus the canada tax for you) which you nearly can't build your own at the hardware store for that.

Ya for sure thanks sicivic dude I will ask the boys at 725 motosports c what the damage is on a leak down tester!:)