Bore size

ALLBALLSRACING

Aug 9, 2012
Breezewood Pennsylvania
How much over bore would i have to get to to have the same amount of bore as a vitos 240 kit. Right now i'm only .40 over I know I can bore that more but I'm just looking to make my stock cylinder the same cc's as a vitos.

A vito's 240 is a 72.00 mm starting bore size. The stock sleeve will run out LONG before you can get there.

You CAN install a sleeve that's capable of being taken out to 72mm. La sleeve sells a sleeve kit for doing a 240 out of a stock blaster cylinder. Really best to wait until you have a cylinder that's had it before messing with that though.

A vito's 240 is a 72.00 mm starting bore size. The stock sleeve will run out LONG before you can get there.

You CAN install a sleeve that's capable of being taken out to 72mm. La sleeve sells a sleeve kit for doing a 240 out of a stock blaster cylinder. Really best to wait until you have a cylinder that's had it before messing with that though.

luckily im at 68mm bore right now, im going with la sleeve next, my compression is at 150 though i just checked today!

So if I just port my cyl thats .40 I'll end up with more power than a 240 kit?

There is a caveat to that!

An unported Vito's cylinder has relatively crude porting. Straight out of the box it has a displacement advantage but that's it.

A heavily ported stock bore cylinder will put out more peak horsepower than an unported vito's 240. Now, a ported vito's 240 kit will put out more overall power (including peak hp) than a stock bore cylinder with everything else being equal.

I advise you spend your $500 on a port , head mod and some good reeds and blow that Vito's away, If you want to get freaky a trinity, f7 pipe.