Bogged Down and Won't Start

DeJay126

Apr 7, 2012
Leechburg, PA
www.facebook.com
To start off, I use the oil injection system on my blaster. I went to ride today and didn't have much gas, so I siphoned some out out my dirtbike (also 2 stroke but premixed). So now I'm using a diluted premix and the oil injection system on my blaster. I assumed it would only smoke a little and that nothing bad would happen. I'm riding, and all of the sudden the quad bogs down and dies. I try to kick it over and it wont start. I let it sit for about 15 minutes, and tried again to no avail. Does anybody know what would be causing this?

Well sounds like you need to drain your gas tank and put fresh gas in , Remove spark plug and inspect , More than likely you need to replace it , Then give it a try !

Yeah that's probably what happened , too much oil in the fuel / oil mix and coated the plug and Could not spark , When you pull the plug to check it , plug it back in to Coil and ground the spark plug to head and kick over , If you Do not see a Bright Blue Spark change spark plug and check for spark again before you even install it ! , Might want to kick you motor over about 10 times without the plug in it to push excess fuel and oil out of plug hole !

i would try to bump start it... once my pals and i was riding i fouled my plug could not get it to start had extra plugs with me but forgot my plug wrench so i had my friend put his quad against my push bar and push me down the trail popped her in 3rd gear dropped the clutch and brapppp fired right up kept it pinned wot through 3rd to 6th let it idel shut it off and went to kick it fired right up like nothing ever happened

Reactions: DeJay126
i would try to bump start it... once my pals and i was riding i fouled my plug could not get it to start had extra plugs with me but forgot my plug wrench so i had my friend put his quad against my push bar and push me down the trail popped her in 3rd gear dropped the clutch and brapppp fired right up kept it pinned wot through 3rd to 6th let it idel shut it off and went to kick it fired right up like nothing ever happened

This is a totally different situation , He put pre mixed fuel/oil into his Oil injected blaster , Way too much oil for the fuel to burn in the combustion chamber , there for it coated his plug and bogged down and died

Hey bruce, I didn't notice anything different at all about how the bike was riding. It just bogged down when I was almost WOT and cut out. Does that change anything, or do you still think it's the plug.

I have this thing sitting in the middle of the woods right now off to the side of a railroad track waiting to figure out what I'm gonna do. I'm just hoping nobody steals it! that would make my day so much worse!

yea u probs blew it up, or fauled the spark plug because of so much oil. NEVER RUN PREMIX ANS INJECTION SYSTEM AT THE SAME TIME! too much oil will not only raise compression way too much, but it will also clog up the cylinder causeing it to over heat. and the bogging down and dying is probs because of the piston expanding too much because of (lean) condition, and seizing up on you