Blasterpiece Theater

I put yfz 450 heel guards on mine. Little different. Pegs mount perfect but you will need a bracket for other mount. I was able to heat mine an manipulate them into place.
image.jpg

Those are really nice. It would be rockin to trim the fenders to follow that profile. Thanks for the ideas.
These will stick out past the tires with stock axle. Once I out the banshee axle in they didn't.
Those are really nice. It would be rockin to trim the fenders to follow that profile. Thanks for the ideas.
With the stock axle they will stick out past the tires. With a banshee they won't, as seen in the pic.
image.jpg

Reactions: MercMenace
Here are some pics of her after i Shaved the fender and installed my CFM Scoops.

I really like the first pic. I wish I would have been standing outside as the Garage door came up I had "Also Sprach Zarathustra, by Richard Strauss" going through my head. wish I had Video. It was hilarious to me.

Reactions: dirtysquared
So I decided I needed to dress her up a bit on the cheap. Bought some Engine Paint and went to town. I think it turned out nice. I am definitely going to keep her Red and White. Wasn't sure I liked it at first but it has totally grown on me.

Works shocks are the way to go unless you have money to blow (Elka). I was looking for some Works shocks and had narrowed it down to a set of dual rates w/res and a set of triples w/o res. Both sellers were on forums and both fell through. About a week later, DUALSTROKE posted a set of triples w/res for a Banshee and I snagged them up for the same prices as what the other sellers wanted for theirs. I couldn't be happier.

Behind my house, I have this downhill straight that leads into an uphill curve, followed by a road through my yard and down the driveway. All in all, it's about a quarter mile. That's where I test out my stuff.

With the stock shocks on my Banshee, I was able to make the uphill turn in 3rd and shift into 4th about 3 seconds later. After I upgraded the shocks, I pulled 4th gear on the hill on the very first go. It was simply that much easier to handle. I can slam it down from some 8-10' drops, fly over tree trunk holes without a problem, ride harder and everything with much less effort. Aftermarket shocks are hands down one of the best mods you can choose.

If you have the money, get the a-arms that were recommended. I don't have any, but I've been on a Blaster that had a really nice suspension setup and it was great. Night and day difference from my wife's Blaster.

If I may offer a word of advice, modify it one piece at a time. That way, you can really appreciate what every modification has to offer, you get to really know your machine, and you get the mod bug syndrome over a much longer period of time without spending a ton of money.

Reactions: benharcombe1985
Yeah Tfaith that's what I am doing. I am trying to punchout the little things through this season. Come the end of the season I am tearing it all apart.

I have a question about chains and sprockets. I have noticed quite a few mentions about O-Ring chains but never their counterparts. Also unsure where to go with sprockets.

I really want to stay in the low/mid as far as power goes. Would I be better off staying with the stock Gear ratio?

I want to get a chain that will be strong enough for any future mods I hope to do.

I was looking at this on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Red-520x92-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item589d1cea0e&vxp=mtr

Mainly because of the red chain. :p I guess if I were to have to, i could sacrifice my vanity for performance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bad things have been said on here about the "colored ebay chains". If that is one or not I cant really say. And there are many arguments on here as to weather regular, o-ring, or x-ring chains are better, it seems to really be a question of preference and maintenance. Stock gear ratio will probably serve you fine, depends a lot on tire size too though. Other guys can tell you a lot more about the gearing, there is calculator for that around here somewhere

Ok, so that calculator is awesome. Thanks for the link. I think i will stay with stock gearing and maybe drop in tire size at a later point. Won't need tires til i get my banshee axel anyways. Thanks for the help.

We always use DID for everything we ride. Deciding between X-ring and O-ring comes down to availability and how fast we can get it. Regina isn't bad either.

Money spent on a good chain is money well spent. I know for a fact that spending $120 on a single DID will last you longer than buying $120 worth of Bike Master chains. Also, don't go with aluminum sprockets. If you're anything like us, you'll be replacing it by the time this thread ends.

I finally got a chance to start really looking at her after she hit the tree. I need to do some more accurate measurements but it appears that i bent the lower A-Arm on the left side. I think i will start looking for my +3 +1's sooner than expected.

best way to find a tweaked frame.

1) turn gas off
2) stand it up on back tires and grab bar
3) go in front and look for symmetry on the frame rails.

4) if you dont know, snap a good pic from straight on and we can help

Frame is not tweaked at all. But I have a 1/16 inch bow in my lower a arm. Doesn't seem like much but I think it is binding my steering. Stiff turning right.