Blaster200Boy's Re-Build!

Blaster200boy

Aug 15, 2009
Floyds Knobs, IN
As you may know, I am going to be doing a rebuild of my Blaster for Winter! I had blown it up because I was in too much of a rush to ride on Christmas with the new Toomey pipe installed! I was jetted too lean on the main and the result was the rings just seized to the piston and I lost too much compression! So i pulled the head and jug off and found what happened! Decided I needed to replace some parts anyway on the bike and went for it.
I'll tell you guys and gals what I'm doing.

Painting Main Frame, I was thinking a Gloss Black?
Painting Swing-Arm and A-Arms Gloss Aluminum
Replacing Chain and Sprockets, Renthal Sprockets and chain 14/40 gearing.
Wiseco Piston .40
Cometic Gasket Kit
New 2in. Rear Wheel Spacers
and finally, I'm gonna repaint my Rims (don't know what color to pick) suggest one members.

Got one quick question guys, How do you know if your swingarm needs new bearings?

I will get pics of my stripped down bike as soon as I can get to my bike. It's at my grandparents house due to me riding fast through the neighborhood. LMFAO!

if your doing a rebuild its a good idea to get a rebuild kit for the swing arm and bearings and seals for the axle carrier

You wont actually know how good your bearings/seals are till its all apart. Personally when i take my swingarm, axle out, I always replace the bearings/seals just to be on the safe side. Its apart so why not take care of it while its apart right?

You wont actually know how good your bearings/seals are till its all apart. Personally when i take my swingarm, axle out, I always replace the bearings/seals just to be on the safe side. Its apart so why not take care of it while its apart right?

+1..........................I:I

Here we go guys! First pics of the blaster apart.

2082-whats-left-front.jpg

2081-rear-view.jpg

2080-1-front-right-tire-go-arms-shocks-swing-arm-might-take-out-axle-oh-ignition.jpg

2079-my-engine.jpg

2078-my-steering-stem-bars.jpg

2077-tires-some-electrical-shocks-left.jpg

Guys and Gals, Hope you guys like the progress. Gonna get some paint on Wednesday. I bid on a air paint sprayer. Hope I get it! lol

I'm kinda tight on money....bearings are like $50 a piece....damn sure i aint getting A Arm bearings and seals....

$50 a piece? Idk where your getting those numbers from. I got my pivot works swingarm bearing kit for $85 shipped complete with everything. You might want to rethink that statement too. Bearings and seals are a hell of alot more important than and a/m parts.

$50 a piece? Idk where your getting those numbers from. I got my pivot works swingarm bearing kit for $85 shipped complete with everything. You might want to rethink that statement too. Bearings and seals are a hell of alot more important than and a/m parts.

for A arm bearings its $50 for each arm....I found swing arm bearings on ebay for like $55 shipped. Axle bearings were like $25 shipped.....

I will give ya all my bearings and ride sloppy for the toomey b1... haha just kiddin... bad bearings and bushings lead to more expensive problems! Especially in the front rims and rear axle!... Ya that is a clean looking frame.. Look forward to seeing this build....

pm reed or timsyfz he can get you a deal on the bearings...i know there is an axle bearing kit with seals on ebay for 20 shipped