Blaster wont rev in gear solved

MICHAEL K

Dec 15, 2017
Just bought a 2006 blaster recently and it was was disassembled. After reasembly i got it to start and idle and rev up. It sounds healthy and well. But whenever i put it in gear it bogs and wont rev at all. Any ideas?

This is totally crazy but the other day my blaster did the same thing.I pulled the carb and found the main jet had fallen out and was bouncin around in the float bowl

This is totally crazy but the other day my blaster did the same thing.I pulled the carb and found the main jet had fallen out and was bouncin around in the float bowl
Its not the carb like i said it revs fine in neutral so i know its not the jets. I think its an alectrical issue but i could be wrong

Reactions: Larry's Shee
Its not the carb like i said it revs fine in neutral so i know its not the jets. I think its an alectrical issue but i could be wrong

Never rule any suggestion out until you have actually checked it. You came here asking for suggestions .

I presume you mean while trying to ride ?
Is the TORS brain unplugged ? Three wires to little box under hood.
Check reeds, fuel flow to carb, clean carb , check reeds, check flywheel key , install new plug, trim 1/4 inch off plug wire, set float level, make sure you have good spark, run separate ground wire from coil to unpainted surface on engine. Do a compression test with a GOOD gauge , Craftsman being the cheapest you should use.

This list in no particular order and may not be complete.
When you exhaust ALL of these possibilities check back in, we'll go from there.

Never rule any suggestion out until you have actually checked it. You came here asking for suggestions .

I presume you mean while trying to ride ?
Is the TORS brain unplugged ? Three wires to little box under hood.
Check reeds, fuel flow to carb, clean carb , check reeds, check flywheel key , install new plug, trim 1/4 inch off plug wire, set float level, make sure you have good spark, run separate ground wire from coil to unpainted surface on engine. Do a compression test with a GOOD gauge , Craftsman being the cheapest you should use.

This list in no particular order and may not be complete.
When you exhaust ALL of these possibilities check back in, we'll go from there.
Problem solvwd. Swemed

Problem solved. There was a carburator issue. I was missing a plastic piece that connects the pilot jet and the main jet. After installing this it fixed the running issue

Glad you got it fixed !!
Even more glad you came back and posted the solution :cool: .

This site has an excellent search function , depending on wording of search , this thread should come up often.

MICHAEL K I am having this exact issue. What do you mean you were missing a piece of plastic that connected the main and pilot jet? What piece of plastic? Did it fall out and you had to put it back in? Is this a piece of plastic you had to order? More details would be greatly appreciated!

MICHAEL K I am having this exact issue. What do you mean you were missing a piece of plastic that connected the main and pilot jet? What piece of plastic? Did it fall out and you had to put it back in? Is this a piece of plastic you had to order? More details would be greatly appreciated!

You found the thread I mentioned in your thread. It's also called a slosh baffle.