Blaster suddenly quit....No spark

Et2rnal Smoker

Oct 22, 2012
My '04 Blaster, which has always run perfectly, suddenly stopped yesterday as if the switch was turned to "off" (It was not, however). After making sure there was no fuel issue and the plug wasnt fouled, I pulled it out and checked for spark as I kicked it over....nothing.
After going through all connections and wiring assemblies with no results, I decided to pull the flywheel cover off and was immediatly met with a few ounces of water rushing toward the ground. So, I am obviously thinking that one or more of the stator coils is shot and in fact the lighting coil on the stator looks quite burnt up. However, I am wondering though, if it was a stator related issue, would it just shut off all of the sudden after running great insted of going out somewhat slowly over time as it corroded and burnt up. What is the likelyhood of it being the CDI box or spark plug coil?

I am an able mechanic in most repects, but electrical trounleshooting is way down toward the bottom of my skills list. Any help of opinions would be appreciated. Thank you.

If you have a digital multi meter, you can check your electronics for proper resistance values. Its really easy to do. The values can be found in the manual, or I think they are stickied in the electrical section.

If you have a digital multi meter, you can check your electronics for proper resistance values. Its really easy to do. The values can be found in the manual, or I think they are stickied in the electrical section.
that would be a handy piece of equipment for sure.