Blaster stator bolts stripped how to get out?

mattsteibler26

Dec 8, 2011
I was trying to get my stator out and i managed to strip out the 2 phillips head bolts that hold it in totally round. How can i get these out ?

That's gonna be some work but doable ... I would try using a philips or flat head screw driver and carefully hammering it onto the head of the screw/bolt. Make sure your holding the screw driver straight/square or you'll continue to ruin the head even more. This happened to me with the bolt that holds the magneto on, I did exactly as I told you to do and got it off !

Last edited by a moderator:
They sell an impact screw driver kit that you hit with a hammer, its got like 5 different size tips you can use. I've had amazing success using them even on ROUNDED OUT heads, I just used the biggest size that would still fit in the rounded out screw head and keep a little tension on the bolt/screw in the direction that you want to go and whack the end of it with a hammer, it makes the slightest snapping motion in whichever direction your twisting it.

Heres a link to the tool,
Impact Driver Set | AutoZone.com

I paid 18.99 for mine and I've used it more then the regular screw drivers I;ve purchased.

Yes, impact screw driver to remove and then replace with stainless steel allen bolts.

I never really understood why Yamaha used phillips screws on the Blaster engine