Blaster Spare parts

CB540

Apr 5, 2014
Navarre FL
Hey guys, I have a 04 blaster that I play around with and was looking at ebay and came across this top end kit http://www.ebay.com/itm/161206197107. Has anyone have any experience, opinions or reviews on these? Mine is starting to get a little piston slap and thought this may be a good alternative but didn't want to waste the $ when it could be put towards a good wiseco piston kit. My blaster is bone stock I just trail ride with. Thanks, Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know about that kit. No real info and seems to cheap for a complete jug. The pics my be cooling people and you only get a sleeve.

That looks like a "too good to be true" deal. I've seen something about cutting the piston like that, gives some porting effects. If that cylinder is at 66mm it's a great deal, would be less suspicious at twice the price. Shows he has sold 18, did a search for completed listings and it shows he's sold them down as low as $53. Of those 18 there was only 3 sold dates (1/23, 4/3 and 4/5) that seems odd too. I'd chance it if I needed a topend but with usable cylinder bringing around $100 and piston kits at $60+ it sounds iffy.

I'd be a bit leery about that. The sellers overall Feedback had 57 negatives in the last 12 months, some of the positive feedback's expressed problems.

My guess is it's Cheap Chinese Knockoff parts. You'd be way ahead of the game with a cleanup bore, hone, a quality Piston, and OEM Gaskets.

Its going to cost a little bit more now, but less in the long run because you don't have to worry about it and do it over again because it failed prematurely.

Hope that helps you.

Yea that was my thought also, Seemed kinda to be too good to be true and I dont want to take a gamble on unproven parts. Thanks, Chris

He is a known seller and has ton of positive feedback as well as the 57 negative. I bought a blaster today for $180 that needs a top end and I might pull the trigger on this and see how it does. It's only $80 lol.

Well with a good hone, clearances checked. I installed a new std Wiseco piston, rings and gaskets and it runs like a top. 200% quieter,no piston slap. But this cylinder got me thinking to try a little porting on, But I would hate to waste my time a money of a junk cylinder without any feedback on quality. This seller must have a boatload of them as they have sold almost 40 so far. Hopefully with that many sold some one can give some feedback? Thanks, Chris