Blaster Runs...odd?

Alright, well waiting on the video to load up however got this. So, either A, the kid didn't know crap about the quad, or B he was bullsh*tting me. Either way, looks like the pump is still there. So, i'm thinking I'm just going to cut the line down to about 1" and fill with silicone and a screw rather then buy a block off kit. I'm tight on money at the moment. So I assume after blocking that off, I will need to reset all the idle and air screw setting and do a re-tune correct?

IMG_3617_zps88f7ec17.jpg

Also, a light browinsh color fluid came out of it when I opened the cover, Just a little bit. I assume that was just water from being out in rain many days?

Well I went ahead and did the silicone and screw cut off. Seems to run better but still holds a high idle, just not hardly as long. So I think it solved half the problem.

You should disable or remove the pump.

A pump running without oil could give problems.

I did not mention a leak test, but if the poster complained about a hanging or uncontrollable idle, in conjunctions with the other problems, I assure you that I would have!

Read up on leak tests, idle adjustments and plug chops.

Google is your friend, or search the forum.

i see leak test lol
video don't work buddy.
tinypic or youtube will work
you need vacum plugs at auto store to put on injection nipple on carb they are like 3 bucks or less:)

Last edited:
How exactly could the pump cause a problem if it is not doing anything. Yeah, I know it would be running but it wouldn't be connected to anything. How do you disable it with out removing it? Is that by taking the gear out?

speedyslyder: You might need to be logged into Facebook, thats how I linked it. I don't know.

How exactly could the pump cause a problem if it is not doing anything. Yeah, I know it would be running but it wouldn't be connected to anything. How do you disable it with out removing it? Is that by taking the gear out?

speedyslyder: You might need to be logged into Facebook, thats how I linked it. I don't know.

oh did not think of that one,good call.

yup, I logged out and it didn't work then I logged back in and it worked so looks like you have to be logged in.