blaster reliability

eddy

May 25, 2009
I just have a quick question, can someone tell me why the blaster engine is so reliable. I here so much about this machine , I am just curious what makes this so special.

thanks
ed

Cuz of the way it was designed. Other engines jsut have a piston with rings The blaster engine has special bearing on the top of the piston. It is referred to as the powerband. It lubricates and gives more compression at the same time.

because the yamaha blaster has a mythical creature that runs behind it when driving, only seen by an owner who treats it right and takes gooood care of it....and the creature will protect the blaster through its life

TAKE CARE OF YOUR MACHINES

thanks for the info, but I am not real sure what you mean about the bearing on top of the piston. And as far as taking care of the machine, I am all for that

any machine will last a long time if well maintained and tuned right.

2nd that. A clean air filter, tranny oil changed periodically, (i.e. every 500hrs) or whatever. Also the simplicity of the engine makes it last, no coolant to worry about.

thanks for the info, but I am not real sure what you mean about the bearing on top of the piston. And as far as taking care of the machine, I am all for that

was kididng bout that bro ;) no such thing as a powerband(when it is refer to a physical object) It is the simplicity that makes it reliable. Also if you take good care of it and maintain it and have it jetted right it will take good care of you.

cool thanks for the info, I love this bike, do you think there is a better year than others as far as the engine goes

thats the problem when someone comes on here looking for info and someone jerk em around makes ppl not want to come back....just a little rant sorry

As far as I know, the engines are identical for all years. The only functional change through the whole lifespan was the addition of real brakes in 2003 and newer models.

They can be reliable, although it seems like lots of people on this blow them up fairly regularly.:D I've only had mine for one season, but I beat on it pretty hard and it never missed a beat. They are very, very simple machines, which is a huge plus in my opinion. My piston bearing is getting worn out though :D:D:D:D:D

As far as I know, the engines are identical for all years. The only functional change through the whole lifespan was the addition of real brakes in 2003 and newer models.

They can be reliable, although it seems like lots of people on this blow them up fairly regularly.:D I've only had mine for one season, but I beat on it pretty hard and it never missed a beat. They are very, very simple machines, which is a huge plus in my opinion. My piston bearing is getting worn out though :D:D:D:D:D

have you checked your muffler bearing ? and your blinker fluid ?:eek:

Well what I see in the machine is a old designs. Old designs make for dependable fun by using components that have tested for years by the consumer all the bugs were worked out long ago. The small displacement 2 stroke is not a water cooled fire breathing dragon, Air cooled engines usually run larger tolerance. Boiling down to less heat and wear but, larger tolerances kills power! So what I guess I'm getting to, the Yamaha blaster has had all the bugs work out long before it was even being produced.

Forgot to add the first post is regarding the wrist pin bearing. The engine used in the blaster is a full roller engine pretty typical in two stroke design. The engine has next to nothing in the way of rotational friction = quick revving, less wear, with stands hi rpm for longer durations with out failure.