Blaster ran fine won't start now

Dou know why my blaster whindes out after half throttle someone I know told me it's my clutch plates

are you saying it over revs when in the higher rpms ?
or in the higher gears only? < first sign of worn clutch plates

have check your trans fluid level ?
it may be possible that some of that flooded fuel got past the crank seal into the trans oil ?

http://s925.photobucket.com/user/as...-4815-91D5-D7B50E46902F_zps3ikiirmx.jpg.html]
EF407DF8-CF07-4815-91D5-D7B50E46902F_zps3ikiirmx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:
It over reves in 4,5,6 but don't go any faster

once a clutch starts slipping, the internal adjustment usually doesn't help, if the adjustment hasn't been touched, and the nut coming loose from the rod will not let it disengage enuf, not slip.

check clutch cable is not too tight holding the actuator from releasing the whole way ?
let some tension off the adjuster at the clutch handle, if it still slips....

time for a new one ?

Tusk Clutch Kit with Heavy Duty Springs Yamaha Blaster 200 1988 2006 New | eBay

I'm going to get that drained and put new in it tomorrow. I'm glad there is a blaster forum you guys helped me out a lot. This is my first blaster and my three boys love it when it's running thanks again every one. If it wasn't for this site it would prob be broke down till tax time when I could put it In the shop. And Merry Christmas and God bless

If you happen to need to replace the clutch there not much. Also not very hard to do if you need help just ask and also check out the stickies on here about doing a clutch. Happy holidays..

But will putting regular 40 weight oil in the bottom end hurt the clutches

If some guy put in a synthetic oil which contained a friction modifier then I am afraid you will have to replace the contaminated clutch plates.

It is perfectly ok to use a 10w30 oil rated below SG as it is contains no friction crap.

Auto trans type F can also be used with excellent results.

One too can buy an off the shelf product designed for wet clutches.

Would banshee clutches work in a blaster

NO !

And will I have to change the friction plates and the metal plates or just the friction plates

the tusk kit and most others include steels also, chances are of the frictions are shot, so are the steels
you'll prolly pay more buying frictions seperately ?

tusk, good clutches:
Tusk Clutch Kit with Heavy Duty Springs Yamaha Blaster 200 1988 2006 New | eBay

driveline performance, best clutches, IMO:
Yamaha Blaster Heavy Duty Clutch Kit | eBay