Blaster pulling to right.

NEONNIGHT34609

Dec 19, 2010
FLORIDA
blasting up and down the road today. i noticed when i was on it hard the quad wanted to pull to the right i checked air pressure in the tires and that was good.

either you have too much toe out or in on the front tires, (toe means they point at each other or away from each other when viewing from the front when bars are straight) or you have bad swingarm bushings or axle bearings, which when you put pressure on the chain makes the swingarm or axle move forward on the left side, making it want to turn to the right. My guess would be bad axle bearings.

could just be the carrier mis aligned when tightening the chain,
but inspect them bearings while your in that area also

I feel if it was just misaligned when he tightened the chain, that it would pull all the time. He says its only when he is on the gas, leading me to believe its the chain pulling on a loose bushing or bad bearing. If it does the exact same thing even when the front tires arent on the ground, dont waste time looking at the front end, it has to be in the swinger/carrier somewhere. Keep us posted on what you find/dont find lol

most of my riding is in soft dirt/sand so its hard to tell what the quad was doing. after blasting up and down the road and feeling the pull i checked my bearings everything is tight. i will check the chain and see if i have it misaligned and i just MIGHT since i dont really understand where to measure from when setting up the adjusters

most of my riding is in soft dirt/sand so its hard to tell what the quad was doing. after blasting up and down the road and feeling the pull i checked my bearings everything is tight. i will check the chain and see if i have it misaligned and i just MIGHT since i dont really understand where to measure from when setting up the adjusters

just did mine today, loosen the 2 carrier bolts, and the locking nuts on the adjusters, starting with the chain side, turn it in till you get the desired chain slack, usually 2 fingers, < count the turns
then turn the other side in the same amount of turns, and measure the amount of adjuster bolt sticking out, and make them the same measurement
and i also measure from the back of the frame under the swinger pivot bolt to center of the axle
today i got 18 3/4 " on both sides